+4 Timing and Lightened Flywheel

watkins

I just installed a Ricky Stator adj. timing plate (+4 degrees) and a lightened flywheel from boonman (awesome job duder!)... put it back together.. started right up.. reved good in neutral.. however after warmin her up I took her out for a spin and it seems to bog right before hitting the powerband and bogs through it.. jetting was dialed in perfectly prior to this and I doubt it made that big of a change... if the pickup coil gap was off would it cause this situation?

you didnt install the mods correctly ,check the timing plate again and be sure the woodruff key is seated right and the nut is tight :cheers:

412756[/snapback]

listen to this guy, he knows his stuff

you didnt install the mods correctly ,check the timing plate again and be sure the woodruff key is seated right and the nut is tight :cheers:

412756[/snapback]

Checked the timing plate.. still set right at the case splits at +4.. took flywheel off again and the woodruff key is seated.. torqued the flywheel to specs... same thing... think going up 1 size on the mains will do anything.. .feels rich right now

Jetted up.. had to go 3 sizes up on the mains because thats all I had available.. but it ran like a raped ape (which is a good thing)... good cheap mod that makes some insane acceleration!

Only thing I noticed that was off... was if I let off the gas it bike would kinda rumble and rattle a little as it got into the low RPM's for a secod.. so everytime I would rev it and let it come down the bike would shake a little bit... any thoughts on that one?