20" or 22" Haulers

Ducman

22x11x8 10 paddle superlites. 15-45 gearing and launch in 2nd. Bike hauls ass. Motor by F.A.S.T. Buy the 21x12x8 on 8 inch rims. Use to run them down at Little Sahara on my shee before the motor work and loved them. Road the crap out of trails and jumped and helps on the big end when you are racing. Oh my 21s were 10 paddle extremes.

Thanks, I think the 21x12x8 10 paddle extremes is what I will get. I'm going to have to put them on hold and live with the sand stars for a couple more months cause I just shot a big friggin hole in my wallet that was comepletely unplanned for some go fast goodies and a trip to the dyno for my lightning. Had a very rare oportunity to get a custom dyno tune by possibly the best tuner in the US, guy is flying out to the bay area to tune a handfull of trucks over a weekend. I'm looking to get into the 400HP/500TQ (at the wheels) club. :drool:

I got the +4 swinger on now and it is sweet. I will post some pics this weekend. The whole +4 swinger project cost me about $350 including swingarm new chain/sprocket, misc parts and shipping, it looks sick as F**K, and I'm stoked!

I will definitely post when I do a trip to OR coast. I don't remember ever seeing a post about an OR coast HQ gathering, maybe we'll have to look into this.

• 3 weeks later...

22x11x8 10 paddle superlites are the only way to go if you're serious about getting out of the hole. I run them on a basic piped bike w/ coolhead (20 cc) and T5's with modded reed cages and Boysen carbon fiber reeds. With stock gearing and a stock swinger I don't get beat by much out of the hole. Plus the thing is a fricken' rocket in 5th and 6th gears. I can beat most built bikes, just by m.p.h. and traction alone. It's funny how so many people think that you need a long swing arm and small tires. My bike is a little bit of a handfull sidehilling, but not unmanagable. Next set of tires I get will be the same, but with kevlar paddles.

BTW I also ride on the Oregon coast @ Winchester,Spinreel, and Florence.

22x11x8 10 paddle superlites are the only way to go if you're serious about getting out of the hole. I run them on a basic piped bike w/ coolhead (20 cc) and T5's with modded reed cages and Boysen carbon fiber reeds. With stock gearing and a stock swinger I don't get beat by much out of the hole. Plus the thing is a fricken' rocket in 5th and 6th gears. I can beat most built bikes, just by m.p.h. and traction alone. It's funny how so many people think that you need a long swing arm and small tires. My bike is a little bit of a handfull sidehilling, but not unmanagable. Next set of tires I get will be the same, but with kevlar paddles.

BTW I also ride on the Oregon coast @ Winchester,Spinreel, and Florence.

418392[/snapback]

well, ducman's probably got 30HP on you, so running your stock swingarm on the sand wouldn't be a good formula for success. Hell, I had a 62HP ported stock stroke shee, and it was a handful with the stock swingarm with the 21's. I'm not sure where you're getting your power from, but honestly, my bike's a dog in 6th with 21's, and again, I got 30HP on you running the same gearing.

My problem with the stock swingarm and why I went +4, as is most sand riders, is that if you get too much traction especially with a built motor putting out decent HP is the front end just shoots for the sky in 1-3 gear at wot. Even with my sand stars and stock swingarm on the drag strip area at Winchesterbay (illegal now) I had a hard time getting a good hole shot on some guys making less HP is because I had to usually short shift 1-3rd gears because the front end would come up violently fast, way before the end of the gear. Once I could rev out 4th w/o the front comming up I could rip past most anyone that I couldn't hole shot. If you dont have this problem running 22x11x8 10 paddle superlites on a stock swingarm then your probably way down on power or had a 100# weight strapped to the front bumper. Stock swingarm is good for riding wheelies, not so much for drag racing or hill shooting. I do agree that if you have a long swingarm small tires aren't going to cut it, unless you have extremes or taller haullers with 10 paddles. I don't agree that if you have a stock swingarm and 22" -10 paddles that your going to get a good holeshot unless the sand is reaaaaaly soft and fluffy to the point that a 20" tire would just spin and not hook up. If its at all hard pack or firm sand you wont keep the front down with 22's.

Try racing up Sand Mtn NV with a stock piped shee, you wont stand a chance against the stock YFZ 450's much less built shee's, except mabe the first 100', the next 1000' are going to be embarasing.

Anyway, I'm pretty set on the 21x12x8 10 paddle extremes.