How the hell do you install A-Arms?

Bought some used a-arms awhile ago off ebay just some +2 +1, no brand name or anything on them they do have ball joints and seem good no rips etc.... but I had to make my spindle holes bigger and they came with no other hardware besides the +2 tie rods. Now i put them in my spindle but when i put the nuts on to tighten them down the ball joint spins and there is nothing i can grab onto to make it not spin. Also the stock a-arms have cotter pins right? these have no holes in the bolt the only nut i found that fits is 1/2'' Also the nut only goes on about 4 turns then gets really tight it doesnt go all the way. Sorry no camera.

I had the same problem w/ mine because I had to use the stock ball joints for the tie-rods. The bitches started to spin on me and I was in the same situation. What your gonna have to do is lift the boot up and hang onto the bolt with needle nose pilars or needle nose type channel locks and just snug it up the best you can w/out ripping the boot. Far as not having a hole to slip a cotter pin thru I guess you should get some "loctite" maybe the red type. You def. don't want that coming apart on you when your hauling ass.

Goodluck!

i bought the magna chrome a arms off ebay , they needed reemed spindles i bought the reemer from home depot used it and returnd it LOL havent gotten around to tightening the bolts but the reaming looked like it worked ...... Do whatever you can in ure abilty to tighten them down like someone said above .... Just dont fuck the boots up lol ........... im going to try a impact rench and hold it with channel locks im sure itll work , ive done it before when i built my blaster

quad3.jpg

• 5 months later...

sorry to bring up an old subject but ive got a problem with my tie rod ends. they just spin when i try to turn the castle nut onto them. i tried holding them with needle nose pliers but that didnt work. i also tried to hammer it into the knuckle harder. not working either. it seems like there isnt enough material to hold them in place or something. any suggestions?