Craving Power

I recently took a trip down to Florence with a bunch of freinds. While I was down there I had a great time but was kind of disappointed with my power. My mods are DMC 916's, Cool Head w/21cc, K&N pods. I have 2+1 a-arms and Elkas so I am trying to set my self up for more of a mx bike. My question is I ride open trails, tracks and dunes. I want the power now so sending off to get ported is not an option so if i went with delta 2's and 28mm carbs and later wanted to get it ported if that would be a wise choice and would I need bigger carbs after the port. Any info would be appreicitated.

Bolt-ons will help you a little.Porting will help you ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My banshee was alot faster after it was ported.Bikes that hang with you now should be no problem smoking after you get it ported.Really,it makes that much of a difference.

dont bother getting new carbs until you figure out what kind of porting you are gonna get. Your stock carbs are perfect for your stock engine. Drop to 19 or 20cc domes, if needed run race fuel. Go up a tooth on your front sprocket, lighten your flywheel, mod your shift star, advance your timing and get some decent rear tires for the terrain your riding in. Thats about it till you get her ported, then when you do save enough money to get carbs to go along with it and you'll be good to go.

Bolt-ons will help you a little.Porting will help you ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My banshee was alot faster after it was ported.Bikes that hang with you now should be no problem smoking after you get it ported.Really,it makes that much of a difference.

405256[/snapback]

damn straight :cheers: