Compression?!

compression is the amount of pressurized air/fuel in your combustion chamber.

i believe the stock compression is supposed to be 135psi, but don't hold me to it.

if your compression gets low it is time for a new top end (pistons and rings) or sometimes just rings and possibly a new bore or a hone job.

compression is the amount of force compressing the fuel air mixture at the top of the stroke, by compressing it, it becomes a controled bomb. the spark hits whenn the mix is compressed and that is how your motor works,,, to little and poor perfomance, too much and you will blow it up...... more compression more power...... less compression,,,, like said above. rebuild

when you pull the top-end off, may as well take the head and get it shaved a tad to bump up to 160ish for compression. will give you more low-mid torque and will still be safe to run 92 octane pump gas.

spend the $35 on the ricky stator timing plate too and advance your timing 3 or 4 degrees. you'll have a completely different bike when you do all of the above at rebuild time, compared to before.

well, since you don't have the bucks, i know i just rebuilt mine and the kit was like 150 - 200. but if your pistons look good and there are no deep scratches, you could hone the cylinder and install new rings that should give you some extra life out of your engine..... let me know. i might have a hone you can use. where you at?

when you pull the top-end off, may as well take the head and get it shaved a tad to bump up to 160ish for compression.  will give you more low-mid torque and will still be safe to run 92 octane pump gas.

spend the $35 on the ricky stator timing plate too and advance your timing 3 or 4 degrees.  you'll have a completely different bike when you do all of the above at rebuild time, compared to before.

403239[/snapback]

and since you don't have bucks for pistons, you could buy a degree key from vito's for like 5 bucks to advance your timeing,,,, same deal different price..

well, since you don't have the bucks, i know i just rebuilt mine and the kit was like 150 - 200. but if your pistons look good and there are no deep scratches, you could hone the cylinder and install new rings that should give you some extra life out of your engine..... let me know. i might have a hone you can use. where you at?

403478[/snapback]

OK, thanks a ton man..I'll look into that as soon as I can, hard right now cause of football 2-a-days.Im in Midland,Texas.Anyways whenever I get all that done Ill PM you.

Thanks

CAsey