play port/drag port

ok the only place i ride my shee is at the dunes and the local dirt drags every other weekend.

now i want to get my cylinders ported for more power.

would getting a drag port take my dune riding away?

or should i just get like a play port?

i was told to go with K&T for the porting what do you guys think?

I would go with Grand river racing,F.A.S.T or Passion for the porting :confused: Give any of those guys a call and they will let you know what type of port to get based on your ridding style.

P.S GRR did Nyuks bike, Fixitrod and Bigboybanshee which are three of the fastest bikes on here. And F.A.S.T did STLclarks :D motor which falls into the came category.

ok the only place i ride my shee is at the dunes and the local dirt drags every other weekend.

now i want to get my cylinders ported for more power.

would getting a drag port take my dune riding away?

or should i just get like a play port?

i was told to go with K&T for the porting what do you guys think?

399729[/snapback]

Edited by ellison445

Not trying to tell you this to be an ass or anything but the only REAL way to know what's best for you is to call some of these builders up and tell them what you want out of the engine and let them tell you what they can do for you. Based on what they say, make your decision on who has the best "service" for you.

LOL, NYUK hooked me up through Andy at GRR, and in a nutshell NYUK told Andy to port my cylinders to where my ass would pucker when I mash the gas :lol: I was told by Andy that with this stock stroke ported 350 and the right carb/air filter/pipe setup that I should be in the 75-80 hp range. That's pretty killer if you ask me. I won't know for sure until I get it on the dyno but I feel confident it will be close. :cheers:

I didn't want to over-do it on this first setup being that I'm not too sure how hardcore I'm gonna get into this...if all goes well, I'll have a cub for next year :bolt:

RDZ done my porting(level 2).I think it does good.He's a little high compared to most though,but the 350 runs good.

I've just recently been talking to Jeff at F.A.S.T. racing.I really like his customer service,and I haven't even ordered anything yet.I am though fixing to order his clutch kit and have the shift mod done.If you've seen his bikes run,you know this can do wonders with a banshee.

I think some of the speed shops loose sight of just how important customer service is.It's good to see some haven't.Thanks Jeff. :notworthy:

Ive read that alot of people over at PS are getting rid of their T-Rex setups. You could also consider selling ur current setup and going with a Cub motor. Jeff at F.A.S.T. can prolly hook you up. Just letting you know you have other options.  :cheers:

399853[/snapback]

i have thought about doing that because of the added power and technology of the cubs.

how much you think i could get for my cylinders?

how much do cub cylinders cost?

dude, if you are plannin on keepin those t rex cylinders i would really recommend using k and t. they have the most experience of anyone i know running them. if i had t rex cyls, i would send to no one but k and t...

399856[/snapback]

that is what i have been told if i keep them that is where they will probably go.

But if i can get them sold to buy some cubs that would be awesome.

i have thought about doing that because of the added power and technology of the cubs.

how much you think i could get for my cylinders?

how much do cub cylinders cost?

399860[/snapback]

What kind of shape are your t-rex cylinder in? Cubs you can get for around 9 bills alone or 1100 or so with 2 Wiseco Pro Lite 65mm or 68mm Piston Kits, 2-Stud Extenders, 4-Water Jacket Plugs, 1-Ported Base Gasket. I'm getting mine through Cascade innovations cause they will polish it and everything I need for 1300. For 2 bills I'm not polishing mine myself again.

Trexs dont make shit for power compared to a cub till yo u get up around 205 ex timing which is incredibly high and most builders dont port them like that except a few shops fro m what ive heard, so id say go with K&t on a Trex,thewy have ported a shit load, cause thats what the hardcore drag guys at planet sand recommend for them and also your gonna need a pipe that will make some very high revs too match your port durations like maybe a big bore shearer or grand river suicides to hit the high notes on that port. :bolt: