HELP PLEASE!2 into 1 coupler problems

racer714

Ive about had it with the issue as follows: I keep blowing exhaust couplers(betweeen silencer and main pipe) in my dynoport 2 into 1 pipe!!! I called dynoport and they said to go to napa and pick up some heavy duty high end high temp coolant line. I did and even with the most expensive heavy suty shiz I can buy($4 per inch!) I'm still blowing the coupler apart by the end of the day due to the heat/backpressure of this pipe. Im so sick of repairing this with nothing that will last. Any suggewstions?? I have no idea wht billet aluminum onw would fit, and dynoport indicated NOT to use one, it will stress and crack the headpipe!! PLS HELP!! banghead

okay might have figured it out, I think the silencer and head pipe or exp. chamber rather are supp to mate together, the previous owner must have had the silencer pipe cut some it is about 1" from mating, so I guess I'll just have to make a bracket to move it in

I have that dynoport pipe and mine fits together great... U said the prev. owner cut something off? wonder why he did that... the pipe and silencer are made to fit together. One side has a bigger diameter lip and it slides over the other. All I use is a little Permatex Ultra Copper high temp. sealent like U get at auto parts store... I've never had any trouble.

Did he cut section off of Pipe or Silencer? If its the silencer, you may have to invest in a new one so it will fit properly.