please help!new banchee owner,hardly runs

ok,here is the story:

bought the shee two days ago,when i bought it,the owner had it warmed up and ready to go.he told me he had a shop just do a fresh engine rebuild with pistons and crank,but also had the head ported and polished too.the guy tryed to jet the carbs and didnt know what he was doing,so when you ride it it was overly rich,wouldnt idle,and bogged bad.when i rode it,it bogged bad,but would then come alive and pull the front tires up.to get it to idle he had both the idle speed screws with the locknut removed,and he lost one.so i try and start it 6 hours later,me like a dummy pulled the choke out and floded the crap out of it,took out the plugs and blew dry,re,installed,it wouldnt start,then i heard a loud backfire that sounded like it came from the intake or exahust.the plugs are new ngks,gapped correctly,motor has fatty pipes and boost bottle on it.did i maybe blow a reed out when it backfired?maybe i have a bad coil or wires?or cdi box?i can now get it started barely,and the left cyl seems like its not running all the time.if i floor it it barely picks up speed,a moped could beat it right now.im new to two strokes and am totally lost.i havent done a compression test yet,but im going to do one tommorrow.would that tell me if i have a bad reed?oh,btw,great site!

First, learn how to spell banshee.

Second, what have you checked? Take the carbs off and look at the reeds if you think they are at issue.

Does your kick operate without any harsh snagging through it's full range of motion?

Have you installed new spark plugs? Do you have spark?

Have you taken the carbs off and cleaned them/ checked what jet sizes you have?

Have you purchased a Clymer's manual?(must-have)

Do a little more digging and get back to us.

• 2 weeks later...
First, learn how to spell banshee.

first thing i thought  my self

397671[/snapback]

come on now, he was able to find the site, that is the hard part. lmao

i know one guy on here was able to get his bike to run with out the reed cages in it at all" lotf lmao " i wont name drop but after BBIII saw them on the shelf he reilized why he was having issues.

i would get on the net. find a illistrated break down of your carb, figure out what is missing, and get the carbs whole again, and while you are waiting on the parts you need you can check your jetting and clean them up so that will be out of the picture. carbs are tricky, thats right there tricky. get them right and move onto the next thing it could be.

good luck, and just for the sake of the forum,,,, BANSHEE,,,, so there now don't pick on me guys.....lol