my schit is fuct

thanks, just purchased a clymer book from ebay. i know its not that. the tires are correct and it seems like its the swingarm bearings in the front,the ones that the really long bolt goes thru above your foot pegs..? im sorry i sound like such an idiot, but thats why i came here to meet killer people like you and combat....

oh yeah and thanks for your patience :notworthy:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...no problem.

I was just confuzed as all hell when we were talking about idle adjustment...whether you had the TORS on...or them removed with the brass idle screws...that's all.

You'll get it going, no doubts about it. Just takes time...

TO me...once you learn to setup your own carbs properly..everything else is pretty darned easy...:)

it runs and all but it really boggin of the idle and i looked into my carbs and i seen these black things that move when i press the throttle. i guess that is the slides. but anywho both of them work and move at the same time.....? im thinking it has something to do with my air screw... havent ridden it tho..ill prolly call you tomorrow talon. im at my girls house right now sooo..

You need to do two things. Those "Black things" are the slides.

You need to be 100 positive they move at the same time, not just wick the throttle and see they go up and down.

I'm talking just barely pushing the throttle a few milimeters...and making sure they open and close at the same time...not just up and down, oke doke.

Then...seat your air screws all the way. DO NOT force them. once they are seated gently, turn each one out 1 full turn. Keep turning them out until the throttle response is as good as it can be. You'll end up from 1 to 2.5 turns out....

ok so i set my air screws 1 and a half turns out and then what about those nobs on top. to those make the slides even... one more question. the slides arent all the way closed thay are like an 8'th of and inch from being completely closed. or is it suppose to be like that. and if thay arent moving exactly at the same time, then do i adjust them with those nobs on top.

The slides will be a hair open...that's how it idles. Someone will have to pipe in. The knobs on top do adjust your idle. I'm not 100% sure if that's how you sync your carbs...though. It's been so long, at least 10 years...since I worked on a banshee with a TORS on it still.

With the aftermarket caps and cable, it's very easy...

yes, i believe that you use those both to adjust your slide height (sync) and your idle. once your slides are in sync, then you adjust your idle using those knobs again, but this time you must make the same adjustment to both so the carbs remain in sync.

Air screw will only help with the throttle response off idle, it wont do anything for you with the throttle closed. And yes the slides have a cut out that faces the rear of the bike, so it will look like the slide isn't completely down.

i messed with em again today. i had it idling, but when i would ev it it would kinda make a spff, noise out the right muffler, kinda like a really weak backfire or something, im thinking about buying som 30mm carbs off ebay ..or getting the tors removal kit. i just would like to get it straightened out so i don spend any money.. but you cant have a banshee and not spend money,..after messing with it for an hour i got it all ass backwards and it is all fudged up again.... im back at my house and my bike is at my girls house. so ill be going over there again tomorrow. i will likely call you talon... well is 30mm the stock carb size and if not will i need to buy other stuff if i eventually do get the new carbs...?

i messed with em again today. i had it idling, but when i would ev it it would kinda make a spff, noise out the right muffler, kinda like a really weak backfire or something, im thinking about buying som 30mm carbs off ebay ..or getting the tors removal kit. i just would like to get it straightened out so i don spend any money.. but you cant have a banshee and not spend money,..after messing with it for an hour  i got it all ass backwards and it is all fudged up again.... im back at my house and my bike is at my girls house. so ill be going over there again tomorrow. i will likely call you talon... well is 30mm the stock carb size and if not will i need to buy other stuff if i eventually do get the new carbs...?

397631[/snapback]

If you cant figure out stock carbs, do NOT get another set of carbs for this bike. Get a good understanding for jetting the bike you have with the stock carbs. Order the TORS removal kit and that will get rid of 50% of your problems right away. Once you get this you will wonder why it was so hard to get your mind around! trust me!

talon, i wouldnt try to put the new ones on i was gonna go to the stealership and have em put on, but if i just get the tors removal kit and maybe a carb rebuild kit.. if i cant figure it o <_< ut. i might call ya tho when i get around to it..so if you see a funky 904 number on your phone its me.

I'm with Talon. The stock carbs are easy to tune and there is much more info out there for them....

What you need to do is get the TORS removal kit. It's about 30 bucks. DO NOT get new carbs as said, until you understand how yours work.

The kit comes with a drill, tap, two bullet end idle screws and nuts, new carb caps w/ cable adjusters, and a new throttle cable.

It's item number 101351K, and it's about a 1/3 of the way down the page.

http://www.vitosperformance.net/BANSHEE.HTM#FUEL%20&%20AIR

Good news = Bad news, I had the damn thing runnin ok, right. but it would keep it's rev's up for a few sec. longer then normal... like i would rev it, and it woul be like bing bing bing bing bing bur bun bun bun bun bun,< haha thats some funny schit!.. ok so then i adjusted the schitty tors .Totally.Outstanding.Retarded.Schit..and its all ass backwards again and i am gonna have to mes with it again. so i guess my question is, what do i do when i get it runnin ok, but it keeps the rev's for a few seconds longer... also i bought new plugs,and i ended up getting rid of tha box and got two dual pods....? well im here so tell me whats up..

oh yea i called you talon but no answer.. i dont blame ya it was like 11:00 when i called -_-