my schit is fuct

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point...did you get a clymers manual. If you can't get it by now...you might want to head to a stealership.

Either the slides are in wrong, the cable is getting caught...or you have an air leak.

Those are the common problems for it revving up like that...

i had tha shit right on pretty much, but i tried tweakin it some more because for some reason it would hold its revs for a few seconds after i revved it... i feel stupid now cause it was right on the money pretty much, besides a lil hesitation... at first rev...and then holding the rev for like 3 sec...

Edited by MonoxideChild420

Check your cables. Start it up...and turn your handlebars from lock to lock...(side to side as far as they go.)

See if shee revs up. If not...the throttle cable routing should be ok.

Next...with it running, spray some carb cleaner or something similar around the boots, around the intakes, etc. If it revs up, you have an air leak.

Really...you need to get the TORS removal kit. It will eliminate most if not all of the problems you are having right now...TORS are junk!!

i ordered my T.O.R.S. eliminator kit,, and also i ordered some other things from vitos, such as fuel line,and i ordered like two jet kits . shouldnt that be enough to redo the carbs after i eliminate tors, i got the kit that came with the caps-cable-and idle kit..what else should i get

That repair manual! You have me comfused. banghead I had a little trouble syncing the carbs the first time too. There is a little sight glass on the right side of the carbs. If you hold the throttle wide open you will see a shiney circle in the window, that is a good starting point to sync up the carbs. If you get in the window, you can turn the dial and you will see the shiney circle go up and down. Start the bike an see were you are at. If you need a little adjustment on the idle, make the same adjustment to each carb(same amount of turns ot part of turn). The dial is your idle adjustment for each carb. Also it is the adjustment for wide open too. The carbs have to be in sync if you want any performance ouy of your shee, tors or not. :headbang:

Good Luck

ok, so i went and bought a (T.O.R.S.) eliminator kit from vitos,i bout the$50.00 kit. which is the caps,cable,and idle kit. also i bout some jet kit,and i didnt know if one was enough so i bought some other kit to, for modded air boxes. it said two needles for preventing burn downs.. and the first one i bought was some kind of jet kit. i also bought some fule line tubing,some pipe connecting clamps and a kickstarter rebuild kit, i know most of this stuff is irrelivant, but should i have enough to rebuild the carbs and install the (T.O.R.S) kit..?

The carbs don't need to be "rebuilt". If it was running fine, you probably wasted your money on a jet kit.

You could've spent a couple bucks at the local stealership for the jets you need.

Get the kit installed. Get the carbs synced up. Then...worry about your jetting. Remember...each time you take the carbs off or jet them, check the sync to be safe. I changed my jetting about 1/2 dozen times ( I kept buying more stuff) and after the second or third time, the slides fell out of sync.

Only takes an 8 and 10mm wrench to get 'em back again. Just take your time...and READ the instructions that come with your kit...

When you're drilling out the hole in the carb...get a 200 girt sandpaper or so. Completey dissasemble them, removing everything off of them.

Put a piece of wood down the throats so you don't score the opposite side of the carb once you're through the plug.

Wash 'em both up good with soap and water, and blow it dry with compressed air, blow alot of air through all the holes to make sure they're clean and free of any dirt from before and any possible metal shavings that may have fallen in.

It's easy and well worth it. Just be patient and read the instructions....

Best of Luck... :cheers:

ok, so you mean i need to try to sync the slides now, even with tors on them.

before i take them apart and install the kit, or do i sync the carbs with the new idle kit..?

Edited by MonoxideChild420