flywheel does not come out ?

have the dealer puller, broke the center screw of the first one, had to buy another one

i hit it with the impact gun nothing,

i held the big nut with a adjustable wrench against the peg and the center screw with a big pry bar thats how i broke the first set , nothing

i used a propane torch and cool it down with wd40 nothing ???????

now what???? looks like its been on there for 7 years

freeze it with nitrous oxide ???????

any ideas

i did search before i asked

have the dealer puller,  broke the center screw  of the first one, had to buy another one

i hit it with the impact gun  nothing,

i held the big nut with a adjustable wrench  against the peg  and  the center screw with a big pry bar  thats how i broke the first set    , nothing

i used a propane torch  and cool it down with wd40  nothing ???????

now what????  looks like its been on there for 7 years

freeze it with nitrous oxide ???????

any ideas

i did search before i asked

392988[/snapback]

Don't know man, I'd say get a couple pullers (they're cheap) and keep trying that way. It's bound to come loose. The Wd40 idea is a good one, and the impact could be a good idea as well, just be sure to have a super strong one and plenty of air.

Edit, I thought you needed to get the flywheel NUT loose... so everytime I used the word "NUT" replace it with "FLYWHEEL PULLER". :shrugani::rolleyes:

hey man your gonna need some leverage to break that fucker loose. Hook up your socket with a big heavy duty 1\2 inch ratchet. Find a piece of tubing to slide over the handle of the ratchet. Have a buddy keep the socket\ratchet in the correct posiition on the nut, you don't wanna round off the corners of the nut. Dont use any extension bar between the ratchet and the socket. Put the quad in gear, set the parkin' brake if it works, chock the tires and put a strap wrench on the flywheel to stop it from spinning. Grab the long tube you slid over the ratchet handle and put some tension on the nut. Now give it a sharp pull on the ratchet. A quick sharp pull will sometimes work better than a long strenious tug. Heat helps, but I'd be afraid of damaging the flywheel and possibly melting shit on the stator. That "PB Blaster" spray works for some guys, I have a can but I havent really seen any mirical's with it yet.

Leverage will get er loose......

maybe a better impact gun and\or more air pressure will do it. Try takin the quad to a garage with a good industrial compressor and borry a big heavy impact gun from the guy too.

Im also a fan of anti-seize. i goop it everywhere I can.

Edited by Meat

Ive heard that what I did was a bad, but it did work... so

I used the puller then took a large locking wrench and locked onto the outer most portion of the flywheel (its the piece on the very front that sticks out slightly) then I made a torque arm for that (apprx 2-3 feet) then with another wrench on the puller I put a torque arm on that to get some leverage.. Before attempting this I lathered it up with some liquid wrench. Using a hammer to impact the torque arm it came almost right off. But like I said before, people would tell you that this method could damage the flywheel.

Air impact wrenches should work, but if it didnt for you I would just say keep trying. Its gotta be loosening up the more you try it.

well i used the same method, finally it worked. got it off

installed the puller , torqued it up real good using a big prybar and adjustable wrench, once eveything was nice and tight wacked it real hard in the center with a hammer came right off .

bike  is a 99 bought it bone stock   

so last few weeks i been orderiing parts like crazy  and installing  , today was flywheel day

393058[/snapback]

If you didn't get the flywheel off yet.Once you have the puller on smack the puller with a hammer.tap it a few times and tighen the puller and repeat ....

didn't  see the need for this mod

393484[/snapback]

You won't see the need for it untill you've tried it. Anyways, alot of times, the flywheel hub galls itself onto the crankshaft end. Many flywheels that I receive have this problem. I always clean them up with a die grinder. #1so they don't frig up my tooling, and #2, so they will go back on the persons bike with no worries for the future.... Metal galling is sometimes tough to remove. Often tougher than rusted together stuff. All the methods mentioned here are good ones. Remember, if you tapon it, do NOT hit the flywheel, do NOT use jaw style puller, and don't hit it too hard....