What bikes/quads use bigger carbs?

I have a few places where I can get carbs pretty dern cheap. I just need to know what bikes or quads use a size carb I could use. Like I know (or I'm told) that the 250R uses a 34mm Keihin. I am looking more in the 28-32 range.

My main type of riding is trail riding, FAST trail riding so I need something with a good punch in the low end. I would go out like everyone else and buy a set of 2 retail but I can get an unbelievable price on used carbs but they have to be stock on some other model.

What would any one suggest? :confused:

I have T-5's :yank: right now but looking into FMF Fatties or somethin similar cuz of the horrible low end of the T-5's. The top end punch of the T-5's does nothing but break my rear end loose or lift my fronts and send me flying into the weeds/trees and one fence. banghead

Other than that, its mostly stock, adjusting the timing next week and getting a cool head (best dome size?)

Might go with clamp-on pods also, I have the pro-flow K&N w/o the box lid but I tried the pods and WHOA :bolt: did it make a difference. Kinda leary about water/mud on the trails though.

check out ebay motors for the carsb. also if yoour going to be riding trails id keep the air box

387068[/snapback]

I realize checking Ebay motors will yield a few results on carbs but I need to know what bikes have which carbs. Not how much they will cost me on Ebay.

Such as; 250R uses a 34mm PJ Keihin

an LT250 uses a 38 PWK (so I've read, but that sounds wrong)

an LT250 Ozark uses a 29mm BSR Mikuni.....

anyone know what uses a 30-32mm Keihin PWK or even PJ? They wouldn't make them if something didn't use them.

I've done a lot of checking (short of calling people and bothering them) and I can't come up with a solid source.

I realize checking Ebay motors will yield a few results on carbs but I need to know what bikes have which carbs.  Not how much they will cost me on Ebay.

Such as; 250R uses a 34mm PJ Keihin

an LT250 uses a 38 PWK (so I've read, but that sounds wrong)

an LT250 Ozark uses a 29mm BSR Mikuni.....

anyone know what uses a 30-32mm Keihin PWK or even PJ?  They wouldn't make them if something didn't use them.

I've done a lot of checking (short of calling people and bothering them) and I can't come up with a solid source.

387080[/snapback]

its my understsanding an lt 250r actually uses a 34 mm mikuni flatslide definitly not a 38pwk

basically what you are asking makes me wanna recommned dual 28/30mm pwk keihins

Edited by rocketboy

its my understsanding an lt 250r actually  uses a 34 mm mikuni flatslide definitly not a 38pwk

basically what you are asking makes me wanna recommned dual 28/30mm pwk keihins

387111[/snapback]

Thanks Rocket.

What should I expect to notice the difference in with 28s or 30s (which is better for future porting)? I am looking for more low end, as per my pipes suck in the low end. On that note, what is a good all around trail pipe. I do LOTS of different styles of riding (drag, dune, trail) but trails seem to be using up the most of my gas (liquid gold these days). The T5's seem to hit a bit hard in the upper mid range, and I am getting popeye forearms from clutching so much to keep the powerband in range. Will Fatties be OK? Or is there some lesser known pipe with a good low end. I was looking into Rockets last week, I actually fell asleep on an Ebay auction where the pipes went for $92...bah!..(black, but im not in this for the show).

Thanks guys

cr500 stock uses 38mm keihin...for future porting id go with 33mm pwk...

387141[/snapback]

Who is a good company/person to go with on woods/trail/fun porting? I have hard of Patriot, Gorr, F.A.S.T., Trinity and JB (they are lesser known, but local). I also know the guy that does all the Vitos porting work, well, sorta a.k.a. "Bancheedoctor" on Ebay (races for Vito himself, his banshee was the bike in Dirtwheels setup for the Baja backup Shee). If I werent to go with 'Vitos' job, who would you suggest?

I prefer to stay away from Trinity but I hear Gorr is good and Jeff from FAST is supposedly very good as well (and easy to deal with)

The only thing that bothers me is that I am on .080+ bore right now, I have 1, MAYBE 2 bores left, I dont want to waste a ~$400 on a port job that will only last two good hard ridden seasons. If I resleeve I have to report as well correct? Or would I be able to clean that up myself. Im not clueless, Im just new to porting, I know my way around the machine shop very well.

I HAVE A 400 STROKER AND...........I PUT DUAL 34 PJ'S AND THEY SUCKED HARD!!!!

ALBA ACTION SPORTS HERE IN SAN DIEGO SAID TO MAKE MY STROKER HIT HARD GO WITH A SMALLER CARB AND THEY RECOMEDED 28 PWKS

IT FREGGN RIPS........AND HAS ABSOLUTE ARM RIPPING POWER!!!!!!

MY 2 CENTS

OK, you guys help out a lot! I just finished moddin my stock timing plate (aftermarket didnt arrive in time) and have a few more mods in mind before I go with the 28's or 30's. First on the list is a coolhead (get em for $190 w/ domes!) and about the same time gonna get my flywheel lightened. Probably given Boonman a call for that one. Jeff from FAST is gonna be suckin in some coin from me also for an FZR setup. One day I'll be fast :headbang:

I cant believe the difference in just how the rpms climb after changing the timing. :clap: Its 12:30 so its a little late to hit up a road ride or hit the trails in the yard....neighbors dont like it at 12:30pm, I can only imagine 12:30am.. :shrugani:

OH, anyone hitting up Silver Lake Sand Dunes this weekend? There will be a group of 5 of us there from Fri/Sun......ALWAYS willing to race :bolt:

Thanks again guys