two neutrals in trans.

Rattlehead

I was drag racing this weekend for fun and as I went from 3rd to 4th I hit a second neutral. I took the case cover off last night hoping it was an external shift problem but can't see anything wrong with it. It will go into all the gears eventually. What could be the problem ? all of the shift forks , shafts , and shift drum are fairly new. Maybe only 30 hours on them. What coiuld be the problem? Thanks for the help in advance.

Maybe I didn't hit it hard enough. I don't know. :shrugani: But after I hit it it kind of jammed up. While I was still at the race track I put it up on a jack and spun the rear while going through the gears with the motor off. It went through all the gears until it came to 4th. It went into neutral again. Not just once but about 4 times. Also happened at my house. About 4 or 5 times. I 'll probably just replace all the stuff and be done with it. banghead I hate when things happen like this !!! Oh well. shit happens. Thanks anyway guys.

Oh ,you will super chicken. It was nice to meet you and I hope to keep in touch. I think I found out what the problem is. When I took the motor apart before this trip and put on the newly ported cylinders and powder coated the cases I noticed that the half moon shaped bracket with 2 screws in it that holds the shift drum in place was loose. This allowed my drum to move back and forth. I am willing to bet there is some gawling of some sort or something on the forks or the drum. I just ordered all new stuff and am waiting to remove the motor and install. I ordered a performance shift drum from Alba. It is made by Yakkey Performance. Supposed to make a "HUGE" difference in the shifting. I guess we'll see. I'll have her up and running in no time ! :headbang: Damn I love tearing apart motors !!!