No Spark.

tOj

Not sure where to go from here, just bought a complete motor and electrical out of a running bike, put it in with bansheeboy17 everything is hooked up, ground is good.. I grinded a bit off the fresh pc for the ground. And I'm getting no spark on test.. What's next?

I had the same problem a couple days ago.  Turned out that I forgot to gap the pick up on the stator.  Give it a try it should be at .018.

384118[/snapback]

Gap is set at .018.

Tested a different wiring harness - current one was all chopped to hell. Still nothing with a known working harness. I need to get my hands on an ohm tester/reader, what can I test with that other than the stator and what numbers should I be seeing.

DUDE

I had the same problem 3 weeks ago.

lights would work but no spark.

It turned out to B the Stator, I have a ricky stator, I called them and we tested the stator with an Ohm meter and thats what it was.

I changed the Coil, CDI, but it was the Stator, was not giving Spark 2 the computer.

hope this helps

Marcus

Tested known working coil.. Still no spark.. Think only thing left is CDI, Stator tests (all 3) come back fine in OHM test's according to Clymer manual.. known working coil tested, no spark, switched up wiring harness's, still nothing.. :shootself:

Tested supposively working CDI.. still getting no spark.. lets just recap a bit.. because from here I don't know where to go I need your guys help. Tested known working coil, harness, cdi. STator comes out all 3 tests FINE according to the clymer 3 tests things with OHM reader.. Still no spark.. What's next? :cry:

I think that the ohm readings on an aftermarket stator are different than stock. I found out after checking EVERTHING 3 times. Turned out the stator was fried even though the readings were ok for STOCK, but out of range for the electrex one i have from white bros!