New to the banshee world and need ur help!

Whats up people !!! I just bought my 1st banshee(97 stock exept axal) and im kinda new to these things....I need ur help to make it unstoppable in the trails. What should i get???I need a complete list. I will take anyones advice !!!!Remember,its completly stock exept for what looks like a two inich extended axal.

I did take it trail riding with buddies with raptors,blasters,scramblers and acouple 4wheel drives.I found out that the tires will spin on any/every surface thats out their,I have zero traction. It's got 22/11.10 maxxiis tires and their super ass wide but still no traction.Is this normal with banshee's? Is it normal to hate that damn thumb throttle? Does anyone here have problems keeping there chain on when powerband hits? I need some feed back as you can tell. Tips??????Help me out and if your in the souther tier area stop by and ill buy ya a beer.. :cheers:

Edited by zirish69

Whats your budget, also do you buy beer for minors? just playing :P . First off, get a clymers manual, adjust your chain, invest in some good tires, foam filter. Then get your pipes, coolhead with smaller domes to give you more low end, and go from there.

Whats your budget, also do you buy beer for minors? just playing :P . First off, get a clymers manual, adjust your chain, invest in some good tires, foam filter. Then get your pipes, coolhead with smaller domes to give you more low end, and go from there.

377074[/snapback]

Ha Ha,cant help you with beer then but my budget is high.Its my only toy besides my girlfriend!!Keep the tips coming !!!!!

screw the other mods, you said "unstoppable". nos, nitorus, run the bottle, speed, cold fuel whatever you want to call it. dollar for dollar, pound for pound it's the best. what else cost 500-800 bucks that will give you 40% more power. nothing, i have it all on mine and when the race is close push that button, race over, i win.

beer! youre talkin my language. if you ride at night a lot of guys upgrade their lighting systems to high output bulbs. its not a simple bolt on mod though, you need an HO stator which run around $200, plus lights. your riding areas really determine your mods unless your :wacko: . so if youre gonna be water free try ditchin the airbox in lieu of a free flowing filter. i prefer UNI, but that debate is like honda vs yamaha. good tires are a must. if your chain is poopin off the sprocket when the power hits it prob time for some new ones. try www.rockymountainatv.com for some cheap ones. they start at $7 for a front and $15 for a rear. its best to replace both and the chain at the same time for even wear. thast all i think of for immediate mods.

screw the other mods, you said "unstoppable". nos, nitorus, run the bottle, speed, cold fuel whatever you want to call it. dollar for dollar, pound for pound it's the best. what else cost 500-800 bucks that will give you 40% more power. nothing, i have it all on mine and when the race is close push that button, race over, i win.

377088[/snapback]

Nos eh? I got a bottle strapped on my gixxer but never once thought bout strappin one on the shee.Wont it blow the fucker up? :shootself:

to solve your traction problem, get your swinger shortened -2. it will hook up like mad in the dirt. start out with some minor stuff, like what banshee said, pipes, pro flow foam filter, nosshead. if you really want to go further, a woods port would do some good and really help the power alot. cost about 200 from eric gor, and i hear it runs real strong. as for pipes fmf fattys, or ptr mids would be good for the trails. ptr mids are the best midrange on the pipe, only if u have the cash for some. you can find them once in a while on ebay. fattys are a real good all around pipe, alot of people like that pipe.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned suspension. The baddest engine is gonna be useless if you can't use that power. Personally I like TCS but Elka and Axis are right up there as well. Here's how I'd do it:

New chain/sprockets

Foam filter

Remove TORS

PRM swingarm skidplate

Handle bars & twist throttle

Fatties

tires

Nerf Bars

-2 swingarm and TCS all around

Lighting (if you do much night riding)

v force reeds

woods port

noss head or similar

Single Carb (if you keep it dry)

That'd be a pretty good start.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned suspension.  The baddest engine is gonna be useless if you can't use that power.  Personally I like TCS but Elka and Axis are right up there as well.  Here's how I'd do it:

New chain/sprockets

Foam filter

Remove TORS

PRM swingarm skidplate

Fatties

tires

Nerf Bars

v force reeds

woods port

noss head or similar

Single Carb (if you keep it dry)

377120[/snapback]

Now thats what im talkin about! This is the kindda stuff i need!!Friends of mine told me to keep the shitty thumb throttle but to hell with them,are you guys sure i should shortin the swingarm?Is this something i should attempt myself?

Now thats what im talkin about! This is the kindda stuff i need!!Friends of mine told me to keep the shitty thumb throttle but to hell with them,are you guys sure i should shortin the swingarm?Is this something i should attempt myself?

377345[/snapback]

either have Mr.Matt on the hq do it or Quicksand. i wouldnt go for a twist throttle, get an aftermarket thumb throttle, they cost about 100 bucks and are way better than stock. its better than going with a twist, especially in the woods.

New chain/sprockets

Foam filter

Remove TORS

PRM swingarm skidplate

Fatties

tires

Nerf Bars

v force reeds

woods port

noss head or similar

377120[/snapback]

nice list " tors " is a big piece of shit.

PRM makes damn good bumpers, skids, ect.

Tires make all the difference.

Nerf Bars will protect your feed

vforce 2 reed cages will smooth out your power band and give you better throttle response.

noss machine coolhead, will lower your engine temp. and get some smaller domes to bump up your compression.

Also, if you have to money invest in some good shocks (tcs,elka,custom axis)

If you port it you will be on top of the world :cheers:

377408[/snapback]

Here's a small list:PORTING(huge difference),Toomey T-5's,Pro-design K&N airfilter kit(can then eliminate the lid),get the head shaved,wiseco pro-lite pistons,v-force reeds.

This will really wake up a banshee.Don't waste your money on a boost bottle.Make sure you get porting done that fits your type of riding.Don't let them talk you into a drag port.Banshees really like breaking the tires loose.Might need a more aggressive tire?A banshee with these mods will smoke a stock banshee.Make sure you get the jetting right.Can burn up a banshee if it runs too lean.