Starting Problems

Recently I have been having problems staring my 2000 banshee, it is pretty much stock except for the air filter. When it is cold it just wont fire up. Just keep kicking until ready too pass out. Then pull behind atv fires right up. When it is warm it will restart just fine. Runs great once started no problems at all. Any help would be great. Thanks

Recently I have been having problems staring my 2000 banshee, it is pretty much stock except for the air filter. When it is cold it just wont fire up. Just keep kicking until ready too pass out. Then pull behind atv fires right up. When it is warm it will restart just fine. Runs great once started no problems at all. Any help would be great. Thanks

375998[/snapback]

Sounds like you may want to check your compression,could be in need of a ring job!!!!!!!!

did you just get it or done any carb work the bottom bowels might to switched if so!!

376047[/snapback]

that's usually my first suggestion too. don't dive into rebuilds etc till you check the simple things. make sure the bowls aren't switched, and that the little crossover tube between the carbs is in place. B)

that's usually my first suggestion too.  don't dive into rebuilds etc till you check the simple things.  make sure the bowls aren't switched, and that the little crossover tube between the carbs is in place. B)

376138[/snapback]

I rebuilt them during the winter one at a time. That hose is connected and it seems like it is getting gas. I started tearing it apart last night. I have had it 2 years, think I might rebuild top end.

I rebuilt them during the winter one at a time. That hose is connected and it seems like it is getting gas. I started tearing it apart last night. I have had it 2 years, think I might rebuild top end.

376250[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea. You should consider this. Instead of sending you cylinders to a local machinist for boring/honing, you should send them to someone like Eric Gorr/Forward Motion that will bore, hone, port and piston match, sending you the Wiseco Pro-lites all for like 4 bills. He'll give them one hell of a woods port also.

Scott

Sounds like a good idea.  You should consider this.  Instead of sending you cylinders to a local machinist for boring/honing, you should send them to someone like Eric Gorr/Forward Motion that will bore, hone, port and piston match, sending you the Wiseco Pro-lites all for like 4 bills.  He'll give them one hell of a woods port also.

Scott

376253[/snapback]

Got my new wiseco pistons today. Get cylinder bored tomorrow, waiting for new reeds, then attempt to put together. Any tips or suggestion would be great. Thanks