14 or 15 tooth

mud91

Can you feel the difference between 14 or 15 sprockets.  what do you run?

370805[/snapback]

that's a dumb question. Of course you can feel the difference. The question is, do you have enough mods to pull the 15? It usually doesn't take much more than pipes, reeds to pull a 15.

that's a dumb question.  Of course you can feel the difference.  The question is, do you have enough mods to pull the 15?  It usually doesn't take much more than pipes, reeds to pull a 15.

370827[/snapback]

Word... There is a significant difference. But you gots to have the power to pull that higher gear. I run a 16. :o

I have fmf fattys, silerncers,  cool head with 21cc, +4 advance, aftermarket 28mm carbs, k@n pods.  I was just wondering if the 15 would work

370842[/snapback]

You should be fine. What exactly do you want the 15t for? What kind of riding do you do?

seems to me with the mods I have know the 14 tooth; 1st gear seem useless, like its to low.  I useally ride country back roads,  with some mx

370866[/snapback]

how often do you get into 6th gear? When I was running stock gearing, (14/41 i think) I never saw 6th gear, just not enough room where I ride unless at the dunes or on the road..

If your not hitting 6th gear very much, I wouldn't worry about the 1st gear being too low, just put in 2nd.. :bolt:

seems to me with the mods I have know the 14 tooth; 1st gear seem useless, like its to low.  I useally ride country back roads,  with some mx

370866[/snapback]

You shouldn't have a problem with a 15 tooth front. Go for it. You'll be glad later on. I still started in 2nd with the 15 tooth front. :cheers:

i had a 13t sprocket on my shee when i bought it, but it seemed like i spent more time shifting than on the throttle. i switched to a 15t sprocket and absolutely love it. still pulls hard, not like the 13, but wheelies no problem and i spend a lot less time shifting. i say go with the 15t sprocket and you will be happy

ive got about the same mods as you man and i run a 16t front.. only diff with me is i have a small port and 19cc domes v force but i run a 16t front and it still pulls like a mofo and i start in 2nd too... i've ran around the track with it and tires still spinnin.. but i dont have bigger carbs.. mine are stock with a 420 main.. haha i said 420!! :clap:

Edited by NEVER SATISFIED