bottoming the hell out of the shee

bansheeryder_69

Yesterday i went riding with my friends on their new 450 bikes. I was keeping up and probably could have been right behind them but we would be shooting down the steep dunes of st. anthony's and I would hit the bottom bottom out and my a-arms and shit would hit spraying me with sand and taking away all of my momentum. I have the rear shock on the hardest setting but was wondering if you guys have had this same probl;em and what you did about it? I need help :flush:

Yesterday i went riding with my friends on their new 450 bikes. I was keeping up and probably could have been right behind them but we would be shooting down the steep dunes of st. anthony's and I would hit the bottom bottom out and my a-arms and shit would hit spraying me with sand and taking away all of my momentum. I have the rear shock on the hardest setting but was wondering if you guys have had this same probl;em and what you did about it? I need help  :flush:

369596[/snapback]

Trash those tired stockers and get some new shocks! :confused: If you don't want to spend the dough on aftermarket, grab some YZF450's. Their pretty cheap and soooooo much better than stock, I did it and love em. Just my .02..........

• 2 weeks later...

YFZ front shocks are the low cost answer for your diving problem. If your rear hasn't blown yet it probably will soon. The seal head design on the Banshee rear wasn't very good. It can be rebuilt and that is a much better way to go then purcashing a used one. Check EBAY for a $59. rebuild auction.

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds like your shocks are blown.  Time to invest in some aftermarkets! :headbang:

371158[/snapback]

alba alba alba...they have a kit it is a arms (pro comp..built by epic) elka or works shocks your choice.brake lines everyting you need to install the kit for $930 out the door..goto the web site its albaaction.com..the lowest i saw a kit any where like this was on ebay and it was $1500. precision redid my stock rear for $300. and its now re buildable for like $50-60 and its set for your weight and riding area..thats about the best deal i found