RZ install questions

I am putting an 83 RZ350 into my banshee. The motor is all stock right now but I am sure there will be porting in the future. I mostly ride trails but I don't want a bottom end only machine. I would like a little more on the bottom than my piped engine has now and a lot more throught the mid and top end. I want an all around machine really. That is quite a tall order but I think I have a good start. The porting will help the flow when the power valve opens the port fully. I am wondering what sprocket I should get. I know that the RZ from the factory is a little higher geared. Should I stay with the stock gearing and rely on the increased power of the engine to help pick up the bottom end or should I change it. I am also considering a CV carb sytem. I am considering both the proline and the trinity versions. I am a little concerned about the proline version with the longer runner putting too much emphasis on the lower end and running short of air on the top. As for pipes they will probably be Rocket pipes but due to their increased delivery times I may go with CPI or any of the other higher end pipes.

Which sprockets and to CV or not to CV that is the question.

You are going to have more bottom end than your piped motor ever put out. It will pull better on top also. Don't be overly concerned with bottom end on an RZ, they will have it no matter what. A bone stock RZ motor willl make a beetr trail motor than just about any set up of Banshee jug.

I didn't want the RZ ratios, so mine is sitting on a Banshee bottom end. I can't comment on the gearing for you.

PTR mids are great for that motor, they make the powerband almost seamless, there really is no hit to speak of. I have rockets now and they are good pipes also. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...