Oil change on VW bug 2005

i hate doing this im already feelin like less of a man but for the life of me i cant figure out where the drain plug is on my old ladys bug and im pretty mechanically inclined and NOWHERE in the book does it tell you how but it sure as hell tells you about the flower holder......someone please help me out!!!

be discreet about it!! ssssshhhhhh :ph34r:

i hate doing this im already feelin like less of a man but for the life of me i cant figure out where the drain plug is on my old ladys bug and im pretty mechanically inclined and NOWHERE in the book does it tell you how but it sure as hell tells you about the flower holder......someone please help me out!!!

be discreet about it!! ssssshhhhhh :ph34r:

368608[/snapback]

how about bringing up to a oil change place

people at VW are so smart, lets make it impossible to find the drain plug, ohhh yeah and lets put a flower vase in to make this as modern day hippy mobile.

368913[/snapback]

what they fuck were they thinking.must be made for people who dont like doing oil changes.it actually doesnt need oil changes just one fill up and it good to go,for 20k miles then you buy another

Most people who buy a VW don't work on their own car, too beneath them to get their hands dirty. But, in it's defense, there have been many other cars (especially American made) that are hard to work on. I don't trust current oil change shops (no slam to the guys that work there and try to do their best), have had nothing but trouble. Wife always took her car to one for oil changes, they stripped out the treads on the aluminum oil pan and had the balls to charge her for a new drain plug, which they just rammed in there crooked. I had to go up two sizes to get rid of the damaged threads which I could pull out with my fingers. Good thing manufacture really built up the area around that hole. BTW, if you can do it, you should, saves ya money and doesn't take that much time. Plus you know it was done right.

i just did an oil change on my buddies 01 silvarado, and when i went to take out the drain plug it was only finger tight.i asked him who did the last oil change and he told me his girl brought it to jiffy lube.its a good thing that they have an o-ring that held it on or he would have been screwed.so IMO its always better to do your own oil changes.

People I actually know have had the following problems with having their oil changed by either the dealerships and/or Jiffy Lube type places;

Forgot to put oil back in

filter fell off 10 miles down the road = new engine (friend had to pay this one)

Stripped threads on bolt and they fixed it...several hours later

Stripped bolt and put it back in with RTV

Forgot to put the oil cap back on. Never found it.

Owner paid for synthetic but got cheapo SAE crap

I figure I'd rather spend 30 minutes of my time and do that shit right.

my dad owns a pennzoil quick lube, and we actually alow the customers to come in the pit and check there vehicle out, or watch us perfrom the oil change! there are some idiots out there, but there are also some very good places out there. For the amount a oil filter, grease and oil cost, plus having to take the used oil somewhere its just best to take it to a quick lube in my opinion.