Sorry guys...

If I had my license then I'd drag you, but thats why I said come here. I'm only 15.

368021[/snapback]

That's a little farther than I would want to drive to show you up sorry. I would if I had the time. There's enough Illinois guys on here somebody will take you up on it. If you're serious start a new post titled come race my 400ex in Rockford, IL. Postal you seem pretty cool but giving up a shee for an ex is something that should get you committed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say I was gonna whoop anyones ass, all I said is that the people who are talking shit can come up here and drag me, I'm sure you'll all be suprised by it. And If you have something bad to say, keep it to yourself because I can sure live without hearing it.

My buddy had an '03 with a 440 kit, Yosh, jetted, cam, etc.

Yep, it was peppy for sure, and it was fun to play on.

He now has an '04 450R. MUCH, MUCH better.

Once he put the HRC kit and Yosh kit on his otherwise stock 450R, he said it would positively smoke his ol 440...

I've always love the shee...from 87 on. I had a few years of a brief stint on a CR250...but, I came across a steal on my buddies 96 shee...and I got bit with the fever ever since...glad I came back to 4 wheels and a screaming twin.

And I'm just getting started with it..

Seriously...though, I just rode with a bunch of 'em Saturday...

From stock to bored to piped, etc. Everything but the juice...even the fastest one was easily 4 bike lengths back at 500ft drag mark.

Good luck...though. Hope you don't have any regrets!!

:cheers:

Man, this is crazy... gettin rid of the shee for a 400 ex... Just put the money into the shee... the conversion kit as far as i know isnt hard at all... put some pipes on ur bike and ull be happy for a long time, the 400ex's wont even touch you... stock or modded.. :yank:

nothing is wrong with them, im just saying it was fast compared to my 'shee. i only got into 3rd gear and i still pulled easy wheelies. i was lookin for pipes for my banshee forever but i never had the money to get them, they always went for 300+. I know banshees definitly have more top end but this isnt as bad as you think it is.

300? What kind of pipes are those...you need silencers too...ya know..:)

Don't kid yourself. 4 Stroke exhaust is expensive too. There's more to the silencer..and they're fairly new...you're gonna pay just as much, if not more. And that's only one pipe and can.

My buddies 450R can wheelie through just about all the gears, I spank him...though.

4 strokes by nature are torquier...and make their power in a lower RPM...thus your wheelies.

If that's all you wanted to do...you definately made the right choice. Try launching that bad boy...

They also have a shorter wheelbase which = more wheelies.

If you ask any one of the MX guys who shorten their shee 1 to 2 inches, they'll tell you it wheelies easier...too.

Here's your exhaust from Magic. Slip on Mufflers may be under 300...but, full exhaust still tops 4 bills.

http://www.magicracing.com/view_category.asp?cat=228

Edited by dajogejr

i think you have a tired banshee or something, you ever check the compression and is it in tune? not bashing you, but i have riden a stock 400ex and i wasnt very impressed. i mean, dont get me wrong, it was fast enough to be intresting and it sure handled great, but it didnt give me the rush my banshee does. this is when my shee was stock too. whatever makes you happy is all that matters.

Edited by chris642

first off, i meant more than $300 and the 400ex already has a pipe (fmf powercore 4) which is nothin too special but is better than stock. and the banshees powerband is what will kill the 400ex, its wicked which is definitly unlike the 400ex. im not saying that im not impressed by the banshees, i definitly am. i love them, but im just looking for a different machine now. its obvious ill come back to them in the future, i just wanted a different bike for awhile.

Got it...

Didn't see the mention of the FMF on the EX.

Well...it can be best summed up by saying two totally differnt bikes designed to do the same thing, have fun on.

My buddied keep asking me when I'm going to buy a four stroke...and my reply is always...let me know when yours is paid off, and out in front of mine.

Got it...

Didn't see the mention of the FMF on the EX.

Well...it can be best summed up by saying two totally differnt bikes designed to do the same thing, have fun on.

My buddied keep asking me when I'm going to buy a four stroke...and my reply is always...let me know when yours is paid off, and out in front of mine.

368088[/snapback]

lol good one :clap: