need help with my 4mm

ill give you a liitle history on this i got a local builder to build my 4mm motor when i got it back it never really ran that good, my stock port stock stroke cpi piped bike almost beat it. my setup was 4mm longrod 795 pistons .20 over timing plate advanced %6 cpi in frame 34mmpjs drag ported 14/41 gearing hemi head with cut domes. best times in the 1/8 mile was 8.8s tryed to gear higher but it wouldnt pull it. talked to the builder and he said i needed diffrent carbs and pipes. he said i needed 35.5ftz mikunis and out frame drag pipes. well i got the carbs and grr suicide pipes and try it and still no help. well i took it to anther biulder to look it over and come to find out that the port was for a stock stroke crank. so i sold the cylinders and got another set and had them ported for a 4 mill and went .80 over with blaster pistons. well here is my problem the bike runs better it will leave out in second where it wouldnt think of it before but still i wont runn less than an 8.8 in the 1/8 ive tryed everthing jetting is on tried diffrent timing tried diffrent gearing dont know what else to try. im just wondering if it is in the porting again is there any way to compare my specs with any others so i can rule this out, or any suggestions of things to try

ill give you a liitle history on this i got a local builder to build my 4mm motor when i got it back it  never really ran that good, my stock port stock stroke cpi piped bike almost beat it. my setup was 4mm longrod 795 pistons .20 over timing plate advanced %6 cpi in frame 34mmpjs drag ported 14/41 gearing hemi head with cut domes. best times in the 1/8 mile was 8.8s tryed to gear higher but it wouldnt pull it. talked to the builder and he said i needed diffrent carbs and pipes. he said i needed 35.5ftz mikunis and out frame drag pipes. well i got the carbs and grr suicide pipes and try it and still no help. well i took it to anther biulder to look it over and come to find out that the port was for a stock stroke crank. so i sold the cylinders and got another set and had them ported for a 4 mill and went .80 over with blaster pistons. well here is my problem the bike runs better it will leave out in second where it wouldnt think of it before but still i wont runn less than an 8.8 in the 1/8 ive tryed everthing jetting is on tried diffrent timing tried diffrent gearing dont know what else to try. im just wondering if it is in the porting again is there any way to compare my specs with any others so i can rule this out, or any suggestions of things to try

367392[/snapback]

Did your builder give you any specs on the porting he did...one mans drag port is another mans chainsaw....Jim

Did your builder give you any specs on the porting he did...one mans drag port is another mans chainsaw....Jim

367456[/snapback]

he didnt give me any specs but pretty much every 4mm motor he does runs in the 6s in the 1/8 last i heard he ports fredy sanfords cylinders in nc and they have some pretty impressive stuff

If your cylinders are ported the same as what you mentioned running 6's and everything else is the same, Id start by looking at either your ignition, or possible sheered,woodruff key, cracked reeds possibly. Is everything else the same?...lock-up, over-ride etc?

If your cylinders are ported the same as what you mentioned running 6's and everything else is the same, Id start by looking at either your ignition, or possible  sheered,woodruff key, cracked reeds possibly. Is everything else the same?...lock-up, over-ride etc?

367475[/snapback]

that is one diffrence in them they run overides i didnt want to go with the over ride cause we drag in feild and just mess around alot and i was told they only take a few tenths off of your et when i redone it put in new shift forks modified shift star and a shift pro. it shifts like a dream

ill give you a liitle history on this i got a local builder to build my 4mm motor when i got it back it  never really ran that good, my stock port stock stroke cpi piped bike almost beat it. my setup was 4mm longrod 795 pistons .20 over timing plate advanced %6 cpi in frame 34mmpjs drag ported 14/41 gearing hemi head with cut domes. best times in the 1/8 mile was 8.8s tryed to gear higher but it wouldnt pull it. talked to the builder and he said i needed diffrent carbs and pipes. he said i needed 35.5ftz mikunis and out frame drag pipes. well i got the carbs and grr suicide pipes and try it and still no help. well i took it to anther biulder to look it over and come to find out that the port was for a stock stroke crank. so i sold the cylinders and got another set and had them ported for a 4 mill and went .80 over with blaster pistons. well here is my problem the bike runs better it will leave out in second where it wouldnt think of it before but still i wont runn less than an 8.8 in the 1/8 ive tryed everthing jetting is on tried diffrent timing tried diffrent gearing dont know what else to try. im just wondering if it is in the porting again is there any way to compare my specs with any others so i can rule this out, or any suggestions of things to try

367392[/snapback]

Boy that builder sure likes to spend your money, and is full of sh!t .It does not take those carbs and pipes to make a 4 mm run good. I built my buddy that same set up with 30mm carbs and Pro Circuit pipes and I seen it run with some bikes that had alot more than him.Good luck