RZ project

I know the CDI and coil connections are different from year to year. Is there any difference between the rectifier and powervalve controller connections? I have read several things about the difference in the first two parts I mentioned but nothing about the others. Anyone with working experience help me out. Also I could use some parts let me know what you got.

I don't think there is either. It's really not a big deal to use different years, the plugs just don't match up. All it takes is a little cutting and crimping on some new connectors and every year can be adapted. The wiring is by far the worst part, but definately take your time. It will have you pulling your hair out at times.

Good luck, it's worth it in the end.

The one thing I will say, is you only have to do the wiring once. I have a stroker in the works right now and I keep thinking I have to go throught the whole nightmare it took to set it up in the first place, thank God it's a one time deal. Once you get it right, don't ever touch it again.

I have seriously thought of building a wiring harness to put the RZ in a Banshee. I think alot more p[eople would try it if the hard part was not an issue.

We will see how the new motor runs and go from there.

The one thing I will say, is you only have to do the wiring once. I have a stroker in the works right now and I keep thinking I have to go throught the whole nightmare it took to set it up in the first place, thank God it's a one time deal. Once you get it right, don't ever touch it again.

I have seriously thought of building a wiring harness to put the RZ in a Banshee. I think alot more p[eople would try it if the hard part was not an issue.]

I went to school for electrical diagrams on cryogenic plants so the diagrams I have seen so far on the banshee "should" be a little easier to figure out. I wanted to avoid cutting the harness as much as possible. I figure with all the work that will be going into it I would be better off leaving as many easy factory connectors as possible. This should eliminate some of the (what did I wire incorrectly) when I kick it the first time and nothing happens. I had similar thoughts about producing a wiring harness for the RZ and selling it. I won't go into business if you do it first and sale me one...Thanks guys

Edited by Iexpedite1

I tried going the route of leaving everything in tact, the harness was huge, about 2" diameter and somehow some of the extra wires shorted out and fried the stator. I would take the time to do it right and pull out the crap you don't need, you'll thank yourself one day

When I wired mine, I got rid of all the extra's(fuse box/kick stand switch/ signal light wires and relays) Also moved the mounts for the cdi so the regulator would mount in the rear. Used a battery eliminator. Seemed to be a little bit of work, but well worth the effort. Never had any trouble with it.