Removed TORS

No, you need a TORS removal kit.

It involveds drilling holes in your carbs, tapping that hole, and installing idle screws.

Motion Pro carries the kit, as does Vitos and a few others.

It's about an hour process or so...give or take.

Do a search here on TORS...and you'll get a ton of info.

Here's one from Vito's @ Magic Racing:

http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=731&catid=[catid]

Edited by dajogejr

Good find, Edge.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but...can you use the stock throttle cable with the TORS removed?

When I did mine, I bought Motion Pro's kit AND twist throttle, which...of course came with carb caps and a cable.

Which...brings me to my next point. Can you use the stock carb caps?

Did you disconnect the five connectors??

1. left tors

2. right tors

3. little black box on left side of frame under gas tank

4. thumb trottle

5. e-brake

make sure all of the above are disconnected and see how she runs, if they are not it tends to fook up your spark.

the carbs came write off my bike and was running great before i took them off. I haven't had a chance to look @ it yet but will be doing it shortly. To get it running again.

I would look in the area above your header pipes and see if there is a wire hang down and grounding out, tors... left overs, mine was a black wire. I just got some eletrical tape and wraped it nice and neatly into the others that were already wrapped....make sure no bare wire is showing. Here another...make sure your wires and connectors on your coil are secure. EXAMPLE...We just got to the dunes unpacked and decide to take a spin....I made it around a 30yrds out spun a superb banshee donut and ...BLEH...she dies out. After looking I saw a black wire loose from its connector on the coil...fixed it and ..RiiiiNNGGG....DDDDinnnng. :clap: