DOMES

I'd just buy the domes.

Since you're at a machine shop...you should've just milled the head .010 to .030.

But, the NOSS head is nicer, cooler running, etc.

Dave Noss is a heck of a nice guy...but, that's his livelyhood. You MIGHT be able to ask him for blueprints...but, if it were my design...sorry, but I'd ask you to buy my product!!

I'm sure he has countless hours and $$ spent in developing this stuff...:) Well worth it...on both counts.

Just my .02

;)

I'd just buy the domes.

Since you're at a machine shop...you should've just milled the head .010 to .030.

But, the NOSS head is nicer, cooler running, etc.

Dave Noss is a heck of a nice guy...but, that's his livelyhood.  You MIGHT be able to ask him for blueprints...but, if it were my design...sorry, but I'd ask you to buy my product!!

I'm sure he has countless hours and $$ spent in developing this stuff...:)  Well worth it...on both counts.

Just my .02

;)

360291[/snapback]

Word!!!

but i wouldnt ask him for his design, its not polite.

360307[/snapback]

lol, it would be like saying, "I think your price is too high, so will you tell me the specs you've spent hours working on so I can make my own set of your domes for less money?" :huh:

Just buy a set of domes from dlnoss, they're well worth it :cheers:

Yup yup.

Didn't want to put any words in DL's mouth. He's a member...and can clarify if he chooses.

Only saying what I'd do in his shoes...sounds like everyone else agrees...too.

However...if you catch him after an ass wadding where he bumped his noggin real good...he might give away the specs...heck, might give away the company...:)

:whoa:

:rotflmao:

It's a lot of work to make them from scratch. I make up a couple hundred of the dome tops at a time. The bottom side requires the oring groove, the squish clearance (usually .035 - .040), the squish width and angle depends on the power characteristics you want and the pistons you are using. .25 - .40 are common widths, usually around 13 degrees for Banshee pistons. The bowl shape and depth also affect power characteristics and, of course, volume. The bottom of the spark plug needs to be flush with the top of the bowl. In other words, you don't want to lower the spark plug down in to the chamber to decrease volume. These are just some ideas to help you.

It's a lot of work to make them from scratch.  I make up a couple hundred of the dome tops at a time.  The bottom side requires the oring groove, the squish clearance (usually .035 - .040), the squish width and angle depends on the power characteristics you want and the pistons you are using.  .25 - .40 are common widths, usually around 13 degrees for Banshee pistons.  The bowl shape and depth also affect power characteristics and, of course, volume.  The bottom of the spark plug needs to be flush with the top of the bowl.  In other words, you don't want to lower the spark plug down in to the chamber to decrease volume.  These are just some ideas to help you.

360725[/snapback]

It's a lot of work to make them from scratch.  I make up a couple hundred of the dome tops at a time.  The bottom side requires the oring groove, the squish clearance (usually .035 - .040), the squish width and angle depends on the power characteristics you want and the pistons you are using.  .25 - .40 are common widths, usually around 13 degrees for Banshee pistons.  The bowl shape and depth also affect power characteristics and, of course, volume.  The bottom of the spark plug needs to be flush with the top of the bowl.  In other words, you don't want to lower the spark plug down in to the chamber to decrease volume.  These are just some ideas to help you.

360725[/snapback]

thanks for the information. i will probably just buy a pair of domes from you then. please let me know if you have 18cc domes in stock and how much. thanks

ride like hell,

That will be the best money spent on your quad. Not that you probably couldn't have made one if you had one in hand to reverse engineer, but without making up a cnc program, you would end up with two slightly different domes that would cause you all kinds of grief, not worth it. Noss is a great guy to work with, with a dedicated customer base (I'll bet that he wishs they would spend more on his products tho!).