XR 650

they are very fast, especially once you uncork em, they are pretty heavy about 275lbs I think, but they ride like a caddy in top gear over the rough shyt. Just don't get a XR650L, they are aircooled paperweights..about 325lbs

they are very fast, especially once you uncork em, they are pretty heavy about 275lbs I think, but they ride like a caddy in top gear over the rough shyt. Just don't get a XR650L, they are aircooled paperweights..about 325lbs

358402[/snapback]

yeah they are pretty good bikes, my buddies got one. He just doesnt ride it on the street enough so he wants a mx bike or enduro, its pretty bulky and not worth it really unless you plan on riding on the street alot with it.

i own a xr650R make sure you get the "R" the "L" blows, it is imho a great all around bike for me, i ride mx tracks, off-road, and i race the M.R.A.N series which is basicly all tight technical shyt. i love this bike, i cant even explane how much i love it... if i had it all over to do again... 450x or a xr650r, id pick the "r" every time... great bike

I own an 01 XR650R with Baja Designs dual sport kit. I run it in dual sport rides in Cal and Ore plus I take it to Baja about once a year. With the Honda power up kit the bike makes all the power I could ever use. I run an IMS 3.4 gal tank on most rides and a 7.0 gal IMS tank when a 100 to 250 mile range is needed. The bike is extremely stable in high speed desert rides. My opinion is that this is the second most reliable dual sport bike of all time. It is second only to the XR400R because of chance of breaking a radiator or hose otherwise it would be number one. If I needed a dirt bike for lots of enduro type single track I would look elsewhere because the bike is large and heavy. This bike will also run fine on any kind of poor Mexican gas you may be forced to use in a pinch. Lots of guys are going for a new KTM 450 or 525 electric start or even a new tech Honda or Yam 450 electric start but just don't try and run less than 92 oct.

thanks for all the info guys. i just found out today tho that the bike im looking at is a KLR 650 which is made by kawasaki. im guessing that it is pretty much the same thing as the honda tho right? any known problems to look out for with these bikes at all? is the kawasaki version just as good as the honda?

thanks for all the info guys. i just found out today tho that the bike im looking at is a KLR 650 which is made by kawasaki. im guessing that it is pretty much the same thing as the honda tho right? any known problems to look out for with these bikes at all? is the kawasaki version just as good as the honda?

358640[/snapback]

Definately not the same bike, whole different animal...but from what I've seen & heard the KLR's are good bike for dual sport use, I've ridden one on the street & it rode nice and had some decent power. If I were to get a 650 though, it'd be the honda. :shrugani::cheers:

Definately not the same bike, whole different animal...but from what I've seen & heard the KLR's are good bike for dual sport use, I've ridden one on the street & it rode nice and had some decent power.  If I were to get a 650 though, it'd be the honda. :shrugani:  :cheers:

358666[/snapback]

Dito :shrugani:

How fast are the XR650L's?  A friend of mine just got one and is hyping all the time how he smokes everything.  I know bikes are quick but seriously, can that beast stick with a ported/polished shee?

358906[/snapback]

well top speed yes my 650r with different gearing goes 114mph, but in like say the dunes NO f in way not even a challenge