clutch problems?

I cant really tell because i dont know all that much but when im stoped and i rev it to the moon and let the clutch go it wont do a wheelie and it dosnt spin the back tires either but it is revving. i dont get it though because when the cement is wet i can smoke em all day? and in gravel i dont want it to and it spinds em.it seems if you open the throttle all the way it doesnt pick up fast it just revs but if you eas into it about maybe half throttle its much much faster. is this my jetting? i have a k&n with no lid or snorkle and all i did was go up on the mains jets one (im at 210) should i go up more or do i need to be looking into a clutch?

thanks in advance, Dan

Seeing as how we're nearly neighbors...down good ol 94...you're at the same elevation as I am.

What other mods do you have? Pipes, reeds, etc?

Just removed air box snorkel and lid with a K&N filter?

I'd say you might want to go 220 or 230 on the mains, if NO other mods.

200 is stock, you're letting in more air now. Did you adjust your air screws at all?

Since you're flowing more air, might want to turn them in a 1/2 turn. 2 out from the seated position is stock....in is a bit richer...

How do your plugs look?

Ok...best way to tell a clutch....that I've found. Start out in second gear.

get rolling to a nice easy coast. With the clutch lever let out all the way...pin the gas. If it starts revving and going nowhere...it's clutch time. If it kinda bogs..picks up...and starts revving clean and pulling...I'd say clutch is fine.

Changed the oil lately?

A good rule of thumb is you should have about an 1/8 inch or so of free play where the lever meets the perch...or, around 1/4 inch free play at the END of the clutch lever.

Remember, when the clutch heats up, the plates expand...and they need that slack...

I used to ride my CR a bunch back in the day down there by you...well, actually Belleville.

It was a gravel pit, mostly. Last time I was there was about 4 years ago...though...they're turning it into Condos...go figure.

ok just rejetted up to 230's and changed my oil .It runs good but i still have the reving problem but now it seems worse. also when i pull the clutch lever in all the way it sticks and i have mess with it to get it unstuck i sprayed the cable and the thing on top of the case( i know im a noob) with alot of wd40 to see if that was it and its not. please help i really dont wanna have do the clutch thing :( ...

thanks again

Edited by stockridinshee

A new clutch cable is about 20 bucks....

However...once you replace that, if it still doesn't work, it's maintenance time.

You may or may not need new plates. But, since you're gonna need to remove the side cover anyways for adjustments or maintenance...replace it anyways with a new one.