single carb/filter question

Wallynut

I've been running the 33pwk single carb setup (love it)but was thinking of ditching the airbox, using a foam filter with outerware clamped right to the carb. My concern is that with the current set up, I remember having to take a little material off the carb that would have been the lip to hold on a filter(so that it will go into the airbox adapter). Will I have a problem with the filter wanting to slip off? How will this set up work in wet conditions since I mostly trail ride rain or shine. Was considering doing this since my current K&N is needing to be replace.

if you use a mild degreaser like simple green to clean the flange on the carb and the rubber grommet on the filter to get any excess oil off to make sure that you have clean surfaces then you should be good to go. you shouldn't have a problem with the rain just as long as you don't submerge the bike and you not ride in a torrential down pour. the outerware will help with splashes of water from effecting your filter but not if it's submerged. i run a single carb setup with a 35mm PWK with a clamp on K&N and outerware and i haven't had any problems yet with water, but i don't run through big puddles of water either.