MISSFIRING!

ok so i fire the she up and she runs.. but my right side cylinder doesnt blow out the exhaust like the left side unless i give it some rev's up then at higher rpm it will fire.. i think it runs better at that higher rev since i am making the spark fire more often.. anyways, she runs fine around the track and has lil bog at the low end then screams and i have to hold on... she doesnt backfire or anything to that nature... i've played with the air screws the idle screw. could this be a air leak.. i just installed a vforce 3 and didnt put sealant around the gasket and thought i didnt need it since there was none really on the stock cages... but now im am thinkin there is a ir leak possibly... :confused:

ok so i fire the she up and she runs.. but my right side cylinder doesnt blow out the exhaust like the left side unless i give it some rev's up then at higher rpm it will fire.. i think it runs better at that higher rev since i am making the spark fire more often.. anyways, she runs fine around the track and has lil bog at the low end then screams and i have to hold on... she doesnt backfire or anything to that nature... i've played with the air screws the idle screw. could this be a air leak.. i just installed a vforce 3 and didnt put sealant around the gasket and thought i didnt need it since there was none really on the stock cages... but now im am thinkin there is a ir leak possibly...  :confused:

357011[/snapback]

Yea it definetly could be an air leak. My quad was doing the same thing and a few days later while riding it, it just died. Turns out my spark plug had vibrated loose causing a lean condition which made my piston on that side disengrate.

I know im just a girl and dont know anything BUT.....just a thought :confused:

I think the reason your piston was screwed up was from detonation...which a lot of the time is caused from running too low of octane fuel, too much timing advance, a poorly shaped combustion chamber, an air leak, and possibly over heating the motor

but hey.....im just a girl....so PLEASE correct me if im wrong guys :notworthy:

ok so i fire the she up and she runs.. but my right side cylinder doesnt blow out the exhaust like the left side unless i give it some rev's up then at higher rpm it will fire.. i think it runs better at that higher rev since i am making the spark fire more often.. anyways, she runs fine around the track and has lil bog at the low end then screams and i have to hold on... she doesnt backfire or anything to that nature... i've played with the air screws the idle screw. could this be a air leak.. i just installed a vforce 3 and didnt put sealant around the gasket and thought i didnt need it since there was none really on the stock cages... but now im am thinkin there is a ir leak possibly...  :confused:

357011[/snapback]

Sounds like your carbs are out of sync, or you have a little dirt in one of your pilot jets....or yes a possible air leak

Did you put the tube back inbetween the carbs(choke tube)

357097[/snapback]

yeah i checked that tube and its there... i'll put a new one on incase its cracked

Sounds like your carbs are out of sync, or you have a little dirt in one of your pilot jets....or yes a possible air leak

357260[/snapback]

carbs are in sync... just put in fresh new pilots, but will check for specks of dirt (i need to get a inline fuel filter)... then i will check for airleak around the intake vforces...

thanks ya!!!! :cheers:

and dune/tune girl.... keep up the good work on keeping yourself up to par on tunein !!!! :headbang: