tight tracks

trigg

I'm gonna say no. I've got a 15/41 on now, and I like it. Just remember, it might seem like you have a little more bottom end. But you're gonna have to shift more. With the 15 you'll have more traction and less shifting. But if you're not liking how it feels, theres nothing else to do but try it and see if you like another size better.

I don't have the experience to say yes or no. But I bought my bike from an experienced UK MX racer who moved onto a 450. The set up which he had on this Banshee (which I've left the same) is 14/40. For me being a novice and having my first race yesterday on what I would call a tight track, I found this gearing really wild! ... 3rd gear mostly and 2nd for the tightest of corners, of which there were many. ... I can see that if I was more experienced and had some more confidence at clearing some of these BIG jumps (well they seemed BIG to me), I would have been using 4th gear aswell.

I'm tempted to change to a 15t front to calm things down a bit untill I get a bit more practice.

BTW The track was Knockhill, in Fife. ... Scotland.

Rare.