Shift Porblem and CLUTCH?

Blue_SS

hey i just got done racing tonight and im having a problrem thats costin me alot of time!!! first off when im sittin still wit clutch fully in the bike wants to take off a little bit, and i cant adjust it out for some reason!! i have a magura hydro clutch, barnett clutch kit and hinson basket and everything else is stock!! my other problem is ill be racing my bike and ill be in like 3 gear going to 4th or 4th going to 5th and the thing its like it hits neutral and i have to shift up again and finally it will kick in gear and go? what are my problems i really need some help this is costin me big time, i had them probs and still wasa gettin some 450s asses i loved it!!

Is there any play in the clutch cushions,are the clutch plates gooved or the basket,is there a lip on the pressure plate?That may make it want to creep forward.If it won't go into gear fully check the shift shaft adjustment and make sure the pins on the shift star arent wore too bad.Also make sure the springs on the shift shaft it's self are good.It could be any of these things.I have run into all of these things on my banshee's and they seem to be the most common problems.Could be time for new shift forks too.

If there aren't bad grooves in the clutch basket you may want to either let the tranny warm up all the way or try a new oil. (for the creeping problem). Mine does the same thing most of the time when cold.

As far as the shifting problem it could be a shift fork or the shift fork adjuster is loose. I've also had that problem in the past.

If there aren't bad grooves in the clutch basket you may want to either let the tranny warm up all the way or try a new oil. (for the creeping problem). Mine does the same thing most of the time when cold.

As far as the shifting problem it could be a shift fork or the shift fork adjuster is loose. I've also had that problem in the past.

353359[/snapback]

I agree & am thinking along the same lines as far as the shifting issue...what oil are you running? How old is all this stuff?

hey i have a new hinson clutch basket in it and i added the shift star mod before this years first race which was april 9th, i had been running the wrong oil last year it was bel ray gear saver hypoid oil 85 wt and i found out i was stupid for not seeing transmission on it but i wasnt thinking so i drained it all out and went to my local dealer and got some maxima mtl 80wt and thats what i have in it right now not even a weak old so it is very fresh only has 1 hour on it!! i know shiftin forks are alot of work to replace but ill do it if its it!!

hey i just got done racing tonight and im having a problrem thats costin me alot of time!!! first off when im sittin still wit clutch fully in the bike wants to take off a little bit, and i cant adjust it out for some reason!! i have a magura hydro clutch, barnett clutch kit and hinson basket and everything else is stock!! my other problem is ill be racing my bike and ill be in like 3 gear going to 4th or 4th going to 5th and the thing its like it hits neutral and i have to shift up again and finally it will kick in gear and go? what are my problems i really need some help this is costin me big time, i had them probs and still wasa gettin some 450s asses i loved it!!

352648[/snapback]

Sounds like your clutch is slipping.May need replacing....

popping into neutral.....Sounds like your popping in between gears.There is a neutral between all gears.I had the same problem and tore it down this winter.I had to replace a couple of tranny gears and one shift fork.All lower gear were replaced.The higer ones looked mint.

hey everybody i just broke my cases apart and inspected my forsk and gears and everything looks pretty damn good in there, there is one fork wit a very slight wear thayt u can see and one gear is diff color than rest so im going to replace them just because im in there!!, but most of all it looks good in there so now what could i do to fix my problem?

hey fixitrod i didnt know you was talkin about that but anyways i tore it apart and i ordered all three shift forks wit rods and i ordered new shift shaft and assembly which coems with the fork u speak of an di have a brand new star modded from boonman!! so hopefully this will work, if not u have any other suggestions? thanx for ur help