Followup

So as some of you know I was in an accident with my truck a week and a half ago. Well, the insurance adjuster came out thursday to have a look at it and he says the truck is only worth about 3500 and is considered a total. But I'm taking the money and payin 800 to buy it back and I'm gonna fix it myself... I figure I'll be able to pay for all the repairs plus I'll have some cash left over and I think dual exhaust is getting put on it. Or some fancy record player. So I guess if I were to say anything about this, it came out somewhat decent. Not the whole accident part, but everything after it went pretty well. So now I'm sittin with the truck in my shop ready to get taken care of then sold.

Bob

So as some of you know I was in an accident with my truck a week and a half ago. Well, the insurance adjuster came out thursday to have a look at it and he says the truck is only worth about 3500 and is considered a total. But I'm taking the money and payin 800 to buy it back and I'm gonna fix it myself... I figure I'll be able to pay for all the repairs plus I'll have some cash left over and I think dual exhaust is getting put on it. Or some fancy record player. So I guess if I were to say anything about this, it came out somewhat decent. Not the whole accident part, but everything after it went pretty well. So now I'm sittin with the truck in my shop ready to get taken care of then sold.

Bob

352377[/snapback]

If I remember right, once the insurance company "totals" it, and you buy it back, you can't get insurance on it again.

I'd check it out before you put the hardwood dance floor in it.

If I remember right, once the insurance company "totals" it, and you buy it back, you can't get insurance on it again.

I'd check it out before you put the hardwood dance floor in it.

352388[/snapback]

It's all good...getting sold probably anyways.

It's all good...getting sold probably anyways.

352391[/snapback]

Cool. When I wrecked my Banshee they schooled me on buying back a totaled vehicle. They said if I totaled my banshee, then bought it back then dumped 10g in to it I'd get nothing if I wrecked it again.

What you gonna drive then if you sell the truck?

I am with Joe. Nobody profits from insurance company losses. They will make that vehicle out to be worthless no matter how much you put into it. For example, the title will be considered "reconstructed" in most states. If someone checks the title or Carfax you will have some explaining to do. Few people buy anything when "explaining" is involved.

-Bill

Edited by STLBILL

Cool. When I wrecked my Banshee they schooled me on buying back a totaled vehicle. They said if I totaled my banshee, then bought it back then dumped 10g in to it I'd get nothing if I wrecked it again.

What you gonna drive then if you sell the truck?

352397[/snapback]

Well I just got a job yesterday not even a mile up the road, went to hand in the application and he hired me on the spot...The wheeler sounds like a nice ride for summer :D I'm actually looking for a different truck already. It's gonna be a kick in the ass cause right now I can't afford one. Otherwise right now I'm drivin the old man's dodge (or I got bitches to pick me up). I'm lookin at this 86 scottsdale on 35's. Everything was done and done RIGHT on this thing...I know the guy that's selling it and they always restore vehicles and sell them. Great guys. They want 7 grand for it...definitely has about 15 grand into it, if not more. Only thing is, it's not gonna get any better gas mileage than my truck does right now. So I dunno...if I don't worry about mileage I'll take out a loan and buy the thing, if I do worry about mileage I'm gonna look for a 97 or newer GM.

Well I just got a job yesterday not even a mile up the road, went to hand in the application and he hired me on the spot...The wheeler sounds like a nice ride for summer  :D  I'm actually looking for a different truck already. It's gonna be a kick in the ass cause right now I can't afford one. Otherwise right now I'm drivin the old man's dodge (or I got bitches to pick me up). I'm lookin at this 86 scottsdale on 35's. Everything was done and done RIGHT on this thing...I know the guy that's selling it and they always restore vehicles and sell them. Great guys. They want 7 grand for it...definitely has about 15 grand into it, if not more. Only thing is, it's not gonna get any better gas mileage than my truck does right now. So I dunno...if I don't worry about mileage I'll take out a loan and buy the thing, if I do worry about mileage I'm gonna look for a 97 or newer GM.

352687[/snapback]

Nice man, i got an 85 c/k 10! 4x4. The things stiff and can climb some hills let me tell ya. Hope you get it, sounds like beast.

Eric :cheers: