V-force Reeds

You shouldn't need to rejet if your jetting right on now. Reeds change the pwr. Thick reads help on top end because they resist fluttering. Dual stage reeds are a good all around reed. Pyramid makes a great all around reed cage. The v-force is a good set up too but use a pretty thick carbon reed. I use v-force as do many people. Reeds can change your power for sure and make it more fun to ride. Depending on your current mods though if it's worth the money or to put the money into something else.

Welcome to bhq.

I put in Vforce 2 reeds and thought I was going to have to rejet. Turns out I didnt, and they do make a huge diiference in bottom end and throttle response. Just install them and do a plug check because every bike is not the same. If your plugs look good, your straight. If not rejet! hope this helps!

:headbang:

I've got FMF pipes on my 2000 and it's jetted perfect.  My question is if I put in some V-force reeds will i need to rejet?  I've never put in new reeds and any help would be greatly appreciated. Do REEDS really gain that much power? Thanks

350639[/snapback]

• 5 years later...

You shouldn't need to rejet if your jetting right on now. Reeds change the pwr. Thick reads help on top end because they resist fluttering. Dual stage reeds are a good all around reed. Pyramid makes a great all around reed cage. The v-force is a good set up too but use a pretty thick carbon reed. I use v-force as do many people. Reeds can change your power for sure and make it more fun to ride. Depending on your current mods though if it's worth the money or to put the money into something else.

Welcome to bhq.

I ended up putting Boyesen Power Reeds in my stock cages. I built my Banshee to be a reliable trail rider mostly. I'm helping a friend work on his Banshee some at night now. He let go of a big chunk of money and bought a V-FORCE 3 reed and cage set up. It ended up costing him about $200, he bought them from a guy who had bought them and ended up selling his Banshee. I only payed $69 shipped for my Boyesen Power Reeds.

Is there really that much diffrence? What if I mod my stock reed cages will that help? Any information would be great. Send me a message with your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jim

Reeds such as V-force have the ability to flow much better but your engine is only going to take what it needs and that will depend on your porting. Reed petal tension is where your able to slightly adjust throttle response. It probably wont affect your jetting unless your engine can accept the increased flow capability but of course you always should check.Boyesen petals are usually a better choice for stock to mildly ported cylinders. Just my opinion.