Worth racing?

01bansheefox

Ive always been into racing sense day 1, but for some reason when it comes to the big jumps on pretty much anything or doubles im just truthfully a pussy and just roll over them and then :bolt: , im good on just about everything else turns, small jumps etc... Dont know why maybe from just watching those crash and burn videos i always think im gonna be next, any tips maybe? I just cant bring my balls to it and go all out thinking im gonna over shoot or not go far enough and go over the bars and get hurt like i have in the past. Cant come over my fear........ So im asking should i just ride around with my friends and stay out of the race scene?

Thanks

Start with the smaller doubles and don't worry about overshooting them. Once you get use to that just go bigger and bigger. It's just practice. You'll be amazed how smooth a jump is once hit the other side on the down slope. I haven't jumped much futher than 50 to 60 ft but it took me a little bit to get to that. That's how I did it though. Also, you can tail someone that's hitting it to see how fast they are going.

It's better to overshoot than to under shoot it. Hit it and hold it.

Yah Man, Take it slow, practice makes perfect.

-Start small

-Get comfortable in the air on small jumps

-Get used to how fast you are going compared to the size and angle of the jump

-Progress to bigger jumps remembering speed and jump size

The bottom line is you need some Experience on small jumps to build a knowledge of "how fast for how far for the angle and length of the take off".

I used to have the same anxieties. With practice and experience on small little jumps I can now look at a double, know how fast it has to be hit to clear it. This comes from practice.

Remember... It's all physics!

Yah Man, Take it slow, practice makes perfect.

-Start small

-Get comfortable in the air on small jumps

-Get used to how fast you are going compared to the size and angle of the jump

-Progress to bigger jumps remembering speed and jump size

The bottom line is you need some Experience on small jumps to build a knowledge of "how fast for how far for the angle and length of the take off".

I used to have the same anxieties. With practice and experience on small little jumps I can now look at a double, know how fast it has to be hit to clear it. This comes from practice.

Remember... It's all physics!

350793[/snapback]

Welcome to BHQ, mxbanshee.

I read your post with interest. I'm in much the same situ as 01Banshee. ... I've got my first MX race on Sunday. I've not had much time on my 'Shee and in that time I certainly haven't had much experience with jumping. You've given a good explanation and I'll try and get as much practice in as I can over the next few days.

:cheers:

Rare.