Thumb Throttle Needed

dajogejr

I know...it's a darned shame putting a Honda Part on a shee...but, it's gotta be done.

After reading a good write up here, I'm looking for a 400EX thumb throttle assembly.

I put on a motion pro twist...and If all I ever did was drag...I'd leave it.

But, I know, sooner or later it's gonna kill me in the trails.

Anyone got a 400EX thumb throttle assembly they're looking to part with. Stealership wants about 70 bucks or so...

Thanks!

Hey...Mink...

Didn't realize you were so close in Romeo...

I emailed a seller on ebay for his 400EX...and I'm watching the item right now....he's in Coloma, MI. It's about a 400 mile round trip for us. I told him I'll keep an eye on it, and hopefully pick it up if the bidding doesn't get too high...

35 to 40 bucks in gas to save a few bucks isn't worth it.

My buddy at our local Honda dealer said about 70 bucks for an all new assembly...they have to be purchased in parts. They don't sell the assembly as a whole.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Also have few friends looking into salvage yards, etc...If I come across some, I'll be sure to let you know...please do the same.

Edited by dajogejr

OK...why not just use a Banshee Thumb throttle with the correct cable (the ones MotionPro sells for TORS elimination)?  :shrugani:

349955[/snapback]

The only cable I could find from Motion pro is for twist. I already have their twist, and it will not work with the thumb.

Could you send me a link or part number for Motion Pro's thumb throttle cable to work without the TORS? After looking at my cable, it's pretty beat up at the end, don't think I wanna put that back on when I switch.

You put on a Honda thumb throttle basicaly because it cuts the pull in half, effort wise...not throw wise. Here's that great write up:

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...+thumb+throttle