Clutch Suggestions?

dajogejr

Magic Racing is about 15 miles from my house.  They stock EBC and Barnett.

Both are 89 bucks...

Toomey is a few bucks more, and shipping...I love Toomey products, I just hate paying their shipping rates.

I would probably put stock back in..but, here's the deal.  I'm sure the stock plates and springs are 15 to 30% more money.  Plus, I hate going to the dealer...

So...I'm just gonna get me a Barney...soak er...and ride.  I'm quite sure if a stocker held up this long, a barney 'll be fine...

345762[/snapback]

for the price of that barnett you can buy the streetbike clutch that will last you forever. also, your clutch will only work as good as your clutch backet and clutch hubs. i replaced al that stuff for about 250 bucks and the difference is unreal. combined with the street bike clutch there is no slippage and you can really feel the power down to the wheels. my brother is runnin the same thing in his 85hp banshee and his didnt even slip on the dyno, and dynos are very hard on clutches.

When it goes into hibernation this winter, I'm going to pull out most of the stops.

I'll do the street bike clutch setup then, complete with Hinson goodies and all.

For now, I just want an affordable yet reliable solution for this riding season. I'm pretty sure if a stock lasted this long, a barney will last 1 season.

End of season, I'm going fresh pistons, port and polish job, ignigtion...NOSS head, etc.

I might do the 4Degree timing key and NOSS head in the next two months...but, end of year for sure, along with the VForce 2 or 3.

When you say streetbike...you mean the R6, right? Also...will steel and fiber fit on the 'shee...or just the fiber? What about springs? Use the Street springs, stock springs, mix of each...different springs?

When it goes into hibernation this winter, I'm going to pull out most of the stops.

I'll do the street bike clutch setup then, complete with Hinson goodies and all.

For now, I just want an affordable yet reliable solution for this riding season.  I'm pretty sure if a stock lasted this long, a barney will last 1 season.

End of season, I'm going fresh pistons, port and polish job, ignigtion...NOSS head, etc.

I might do the 4Degree timing key and NOSS head in the next two months...but, end of year for sure, along with the VForce 2 or 3.

When you say streetbike...you mean the R6, right?  Also...will steel and fiber fit on the 'shee...or just the fiber?  What about springs?  Use the Street springs, stock springs, mix of each...different springs?

345790[/snapback]

Sounds like a great plan for you. But i wouldn't use the 4 degree key I would cut the stock timing plate 4.5 mm and you will have all the timing you really need.

And the cut plate is free, won't snap in half like the keys do. It's a mod you can perform yourself with carefull diegrinding skill & you would be alittle prouder of your Baby.

plate.jpg

Ahaa...very nice to know, thanks very much!!

My roommate is a machinist....he can do that easier than I can...with all the tools and equipment at his disposal...

Can it still run on pump 92 to 94 octane with a 3 to 4 degree boost?

Running Super M @ 32:1, and the shee loves it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty boys...sorry to dig up this old one.

Going to get the Street Bike setup, can't stand waiting any longer for the Tusk to be in stock at RMATV...

So, the springs, Steels and Fibers will all work in the Shee?

Thanks again!

Alrighty boys...sorry to dig up this old one.

Going to get the Street Bike setup, can't stand waiting any longer for the Tusk to be in stock at RMATV...

So, the springs, Steels and Fibers will all work in the Shee?

Thanks again!

350382[/snapback]

yea thats all u need. did u call FAST racing? ask for jeff. when u call tell him Tyler Clark gave u the number. hes a cool guy and will help u out any way he can..

Probably too late now...but, at work tomorrow...I'll give him a call...printed this out for reference and the nubmers!

If he can do it for 95 or 100...that's a steal...

I'm getting tired of "Close" racing with my 450R buddies....gonna clutch it, see how much better it is, then...probably Eric Gorr or Passion Port job sooner rather than later. Been picking up a ton of side jobs, so...gonna get it done while I got the cash...

Where is Jeff @ Fast Racing located?

Thanks a bunch for the lead...I greatly appreciate it...loco!

:cheers: