Type of gas to run with 21CC Domes

jaysvt

just picked up a nosshead with 21cc domes.i live in the bay area and someone was talking about running 94 gas,you guys said that it's ok.i don't know if i can even find that is 91 going to be ok. if not were can i get 94.

That's funny...you answered your own question...

Yes, he uses VP Brand, 110 octane race gas, and mixes it equally (50/50) with 91 octane pump gas...

Gives him roughly 100 octane...give or take...

I agree..the smell of race gas mixed with 2 stoke oil give me wood

:clap::headbang:

Edited by dajogejr

thanks,will that be to hot for my set up-tr6pipes@jets,vfroce3reeds,noss head with 21cc domes,k@n filter.and if it is to much what octane should i run.

I'd say premium pump gas, at least 91 octane, would be fine.

Stock head cc is 22, you're just bumping it a bit.

I'd say smaller than 20cc, you'd probably want to bump the octane.

I'm debating weather to get 21 or 20cc domes. I have no intention of running race gas...I have 92 to 94 octane all around...

When I have the cash, I'm going to talk to Dave Noss and get his thoughts...he's a board member and a super nice fellow...+

Side note...

If you're running the Toomey jet kit, keep an eye on your plugs. I bought the kit just for the needles alone. Mine came with 270 and 280 main. I already had a 290 in there.

I just bumped to 310 since my shees plugs were a bit light for my liking. Runs even better...

I have the T5...though. Keep an eye on 'em, regardless....you might have to fatten up a bit...

Edited by dajogejr

No...I'm saying look at your plugs...

280 and 290 was lean for me.

It's a little colder here, averaging about 45 to 55 degrees lately...mine is loving the 310. I'm sure once it gets into 60s to 80s summer weather, I may have to go down to 300.

Thing is...my bike was running very well with 290s. I just wasn't warm and fuzzy about my plugs. 310 and it runs great, and the plugs are light brown...as they should be.

Always better to be a little rich than lean...

My altitude here is also less than 1000 feet. Jetting varies by mods/temperature and altitude...so, just take a good look at 'em, that's all I'm saying....