Big-Bore Questions

i dont know much about this topic but i figured i'd post anyway. you wont need a new head. Ive herd that boring wont give you that great of a performance gain, unless maybe you go big (vitos 404 or something). Youll need to have the cylinders bored and then youll need bigger pistons(probably included in the kit)

Good luck :cheers:

You will need to larger pistons. Also you will need big bore domes for your coolhead.

Regular pipes will work fine. Big bore pipes are more for the larger cc. I think for the big bore pipes 420cc is the lowest level they recommend.

You will have much more bottom end torque to work with, and out running other shees is fun :cheers:

Im thinking about buying a big bore kit, and i have a few questions about them. First. I dont want nothing to big im not all into drag racing for of Mx and Scramble race's, what size should i buy, Second After buing a big bore kit do i have to buy big bore pipes?

341589[/snapback]

Save your money. I personally do porting, and own a big bore stroker . A 350 with good porting will rip,throw in a wiseco 4mm long rod stroker and even faster.I have seen many big bores beat by a 350 with a good set up.I am not saying a bore cant work,but not always worth the extra dough.If your determined to go big bore call Twister crankshaft racing.