Draggin a dirtbike

Bansheeman1121

I no these questions come up way to much but im thinkin about puttin some money on a race with a bone stock 4 stroke yfz 400 yamaha dirtbike anyone no how fast these bad boys are

335910[/snapback]

dirt bikes are hard to beat, but if you have a lot of power you can win. race him on pavement. dirt bikes are very hard to beat on dirt or a field. do you have a full drag port?

Edited by 1800bigk

from your sig i would say probably not, though it should be fairly close.unless youve got some topend dune porting and taller gearing its pretty common for a 250cc/yf450 newer bikes to win against a setup like yours .now a highreving port

with right compression and intake oughta smack these bikes down if riders are equal . the 400 and 426 were pretty close in power and 450's were a hair faster torquier then theywere so.you might get a yf400 if you hook up perfect and dont miss a shift ,your porting is just too vague to say for sure,porting is where the power is at! :cheers:

what ever you do, don't put money on that race, cause more 'n likely you will lose. Have you ever even rode one of those big bore 4 stroke race bikes? I rode a 426 w/ a white bros pipe and some other stuff for the first time ever yesterday and all I can say is, gobbs of torque, gobbs of power, and it fuckin hooks up all the time :bolt: . When I would hammar down on it, the front end would raise in every gear, and I was sittin on the gas tank too! The only thing that sucks is if you stall it, then it is you have to do 5 different things to get it started and you'll wish you had a 2 stroke :D

If your one of the type of guys here who think 4 strokes are for pussys and wussies, go ride a 450 and you will change your mind :lol: It scared me more riding this then it did the first time I rode my banshee. And there is know way my banshee would beat one of these in a drag, cause i am geared to low and all I do is spin on take off while that 426 is :bolt: bye' bye