TOO RICH CAUSE NOT TO START?

IF THE CARBS ARE TO RICH.. I.E THE NEEDLE TO RICH  AND AIRSCREW IN TOO FAR CAUSE A BIKE NOT TO KICK OVER.. DID SOME MODS AND ADJUSTED THE CARB AND IT FIRED UP SCREAMIN LIKE IT WAS WOT 3 TIMES THEN I KILLED IT AND NOW IT WONT START. :confused:

335773[/snapback]

what mods were done? its usually something stupid that goes wrong. :shrugani:

you said it your plugs are probably fowled. Did you check them? Did you try new plugs?

If you don't have pipes a 320 is probably rich if you are near sea level. I ran a 320 with pipes but with stock pipes you won't get too much flow with your mods.

When I changed to new pipes and air filters (1 large pod) airbox lid remove I moved the clip on the needle either down or up 1 position and droppe din a 320, ran ever so slightly rich for about 4 years before I modded it again.

Did you try giving it some chock when you tried to start it?

Edited by Justintoxicated

YEAH I HAVE PC PIPES.....

OK.. OK... WELL HERE'S THE F'N KICKER... WENT AND GOT NEW PLUGS.. INSTALLED THEM MOVED MY NEEDLE UP TO 2ND FROM STUB... ALL IN THE PROCESS OF TAKIN MY PODS OFF FOUND THAT ONE F'N CARB WAS STUCK WOT ON THE SLIDE :shootself: ... THATS WHY IT RAN WOT WHEN I KICKED IT OVER... TURNS OUT THE GROOVE AND THE NEEDLE DIDNT SIT IN RIGHT..... banghead ....... SO ADJUSTED EVERYTHING.. PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND THE MOFO FIRED RIGHT UP... ALTHOUGH NOW IT DOESNT WANT TO IDLE THINK I WILL ADJUST THE AIRSCREW IN .5 TURN SINCE I AM 2 TURNS OUT

SO BASICALLY :headbang: WE ARE UP AN RUNNIN!!!

NOW WE ARE AT 500 SEA LEVEL RUNNIN 110 OCTANE NEEDLE AT 2ND CLIP 320 MAINS.. STOCK PILOT... AND RUNNNNNNNIN... :wacko:

Edited by NEVER SATISFIED

Still think your going to be a little too rich on the mains!

YEAH I HAVE PC PIPES.....

OK.. OK... WELL HERE'S THE F'N KICKER... WENT AND GOT NEW PLUGS.. INSTALLED THEM MOVED MY NEEDLE UP TO 2ND FROM STUB... ALL IN THE PROCESS OF TAKIN MY PODS OFF FOUND THAT ONE F'N CARB WAS STUCK WOT ON THE SLIDE  :shootself: ... THATS WHY IT RAN WOT WHEN I KICKED IT OVER... TURNS OUT THE GROOVE AND THE NEEDLE DIDNT SIT IN RIGHT..... banghead ....... SO ADJUSTED EVERYTHING.. PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND THE MOFO FIRED RIGHT UP... ALTHOUGH NOW IT DOESNT WANT TO IDLE THINK I WILL ADJUST THE AIRSCREW IN .5 TURN SINCE I AM 2 TURNS  OUT

SO BASICALLY :headbang:  WE ARE UP AN RUNNIN!!!

NOW WE ARE AT 500 SEA LEVEL RUNNIN 110 OCTANE NEEDLE AT 2ND CLIP 320 MAINS.. STOCK PILOT... AND RUNNNNNNNIN...  :wacko:

336225[/snapback]

You should check if at mid throttle position the shee is not running lean. Since you moved the needle to the 2nd clip position and with the 25 stock pilots, the atv will not idle so good. The problem can be fixed turning in the airscrews or putting bigger pilot jets, but still you can be running lean at mid throttle position.

So check if with the needle at the 3rd notch the banshee runs better at half throttle and 1/8-1/4 throttle response is improved keeping the 25 pilots. :cheers:

Edited by richybanshee

REALLY? TO BIG ON THE MAINS... HRMMM...!!! WHATCHA THINKIN.. I HAVE A 300...THATS IT.. NOTHING IN BETWEEN

I WENT TO THE 2ND CLIP CUZ V FORCE 3'S MAKE IT RUN MORE RICH...

I CONSULTED THE CARB THEORY

CARB THEORY

IN THERE IT SAID... QUOTE:

Reeds

Add Reeds, Aftermarket reed cage, or Ported reed cage:Move needle clip one position leaner, adjust airscrews, 0-2 sizes larger on the pilots

UN QUOTE. FEEDBACK?

Edited by NEVER SATISFIED

Try changing to 30's on the pilots you will notice the diference right away. You'll have better performance on the bottom end. I did that on my shee last weekend since I was having problems on the 0-1/4 throttle range. start with the air screw @ 1.5 then start adjusting in and out for better performance.

the stock pilots need to be changed as soon as you put performance pipes.

Goog luck :cheers: