+4 stroker jetting - non ported

Wallrat

This thing is seriously starting to tick me off. Here's where I'm at now:

CEL needles - 4th clip from top

48 pilots

155 mains

I started on 172 mains and (I think) 55 pilots and have been working my way down. My midrange is really crappy - the bike hesitates and stutters right before the powerband kicks in. Most recent change was to move the needles down from the middle and it made it worse...need to try the other way next time I get a day off from work. Plugs are still looking pretty black but take awhile to get that way. So you guys think I'm in the ballpark or should I try different needles?

Sea Level, 60 degrees

old school fmf's, dual k&n's, v force 2's, pwk air stryker carbs, mixing 32:1

well with my stroker, i put cgl in, not enough fuel, cek and cej are what im going to put in next to help. might have to look into that for yours. being in cali you can get needle easy from say sudco.com and what not.

they like fuel, but mines ported.

IMO,carbs are wayy to big for stock ports,+4 or not.

335525[/snapback]

Yup in my opinion those carbs are toooooo big.....you already have the bottom end done send those jugs to A&S and have them Ported. My +4 A&S motor with 33PWK's are set at 48 pilot needle in the middle and 150 mains and this biotch screams, still could go a little leaner but I like to see smoke for insurance. I plan on going to a 140-145 for the summer it is like 20-30 deg right now and I am also at or very close to sea level