Banshee throttle problem

tschoeberl

We were riding this weekend at the dunes and my buddy's wife's banshee and my son's blaster were having a throttle problem. Not sure why both of them were doing it, but here is what they were doing.

After starting them up and letting them get warm, when you slightly pushed on the throttle they would all of a sudden die. That is when you just barely pushed on the throttle. Then when we were riding out to the dunes in 1st gear, both quads would hesitate and jerk going down the road and they would end up having to run them in 2nd and give them more gas. What is causing this problem. Both of them still have the TORS on them and was wondering if this could possibly be the problem. Baffled, what should I do?

I had a problem with getting past 2nd gear, the tors wouldn't let the engine rev up. I had removed the parking brake...for the new swingarm, and didn't unplug the wire on the steering stem to the parking brake. Anyways, try unplugging the tors system to see if thats the problem. There's a little black box under the left side front fender, the wire from the parking brake to steering stem area, and then the wires to both carbs. I would unplug them, and see. You can plug them back in easily. I just installed the tors removal kit, Rockeymountain Atv...53$, comes with everything you need. It's called the Motion pro throttle kit, for stock banshee thumb throttle. Drill press, tap handle, mill file, and lots of 3 in 1 oil. :clap:

That's what I am thinking that it may be the TORs, but it only happens when you barely touch the throttle or when it is in 1st gear going down the road (5mph) to the dunes. I know when I had the TORS on my banshee is would just stall, but not die, like it does now. I will give it a shot and find out if that is the problem.

I had a problem with getting past 2nd gear, the tors wouldn't let the engine rev up. I had removed the parking brake...for the new swingarm, and didn't unplug the wire on the steering stem to the parking brake. Anyways, try unplugging the tors system to see if thats the problem. There's a little black box under the left side front fender, the wire from the parking brake to steering stem area, and then the wires to both carbs. I would unplug them, and see. You can plug them back in easily. I just installed the tors removal kit, Rockeymountain Atv...53$, comes with everything you need. It's called the Motion pro throttle kit, for stock banshee thumb throttle. Drill press, tap handle, mill file, and lots of 3 in 1 oil. :clap:

328754[/snapback]

I have been looking for the tors eliminator kit, I can't find it on rmatvs website. Did you have to call them?

Iceman, go to the home page of RMATV's site. Type in the part#01315, in the parts# search box to the far left. It will bring up the" Banshee thumb throttle kit"...everything needed is there, but a drillpress and tap handle, and 3 in 1 oil.(or other good cutting oil)