wife wrecked...

Rattlehead

My wife and I ride alot in other states. She fairs pretty well being 1.) she like 100 lb girl, and 2.) She had cancer in her chest wall and had like 4 ribs removed and some muscles in her back, her collar bone ect. She can still rock on the quad.She never fell off till the last trip to Hatfield McCoy. We were coming down a hill which had a pretty steep incline and a switch back at the bottom. She was going nice and easy which is unusual for her , came around the switch back and just slowly rolled the bike on top of herself. Funny how slow it happened, but I'll tell ya what, When the bike came down she was under it and I heard some part of the bike crack her helmet. If she didn't have it on she wouldn't be here right now. And that was at like 1 mile an hour. Ya never know what can happen. The only thing I ever fell off of multiple times is that damn dirt bike in the garage ! Had it for one summer and already have busted my shoulder and leg, and freakin' lower back which is the one that really saucks. Gotta keep to the quads, but I'm not a quitter, so I'll get hurt again .....naver fails...

My wife is still alive today because of her helmet. She decided to test out the back side of a dune and rolled my banshee over herself. She forgot to let go of it and rode it out. She ended up with a concussion, cracked rib, bruised shoulder and butt. You should have seen her helmet, it was all scratched up along the face. Funny thing is that this was her first time with this helmet and I will be and always have been in helmets. I see all these kids and adults without helmets and riding with ball caps and sunglasses thinking that they are "COOL". They won't be so cool after having a good spill and smashing their noggin' and sitting in a hospital with brain damage.

Sorry I started to rant and rave. I just get upset knowing that these people invest all this money in their quads, but not themselves.

I always wear a helmet(now). A few years ago in the summer, I was waterskippin my pond on my MXZ and hit our fence on the other side and cracked my face on the handelbars breaking my eyesocket in 11places and getting 15 screws and 2 titanium plates. NO FUN

Don't let something terrible happen to you before you start wearing your helmet.

Yes I know it sounds cheesy but FUCKIN FUCK. WEAR IT.

Rattlehead,

I am so glad your wife is OK.  You never know when something crazy is going to happen.

325631[/snapback]

It's all good. Accidents happen and you take the chance when you ride. I think her pride got hurt the most in that one. Good times, we'll be back at the next event That's there. Our favorite spot is camping in Gilbert at head quarters and the Rolling thunder park. :headbang:

My wife and I ride alot in other states. She fairs pretty well being 1.) she like 100 lb girl, and 2.) She had cancer in her chest wall and had like 4 ribs removed and some muscles in her back, her collar bone ect. She can still rock on the quad.She never fell off till the last trip to Hatfield McCoy. We were coming down a hill which had a pretty steep incline and a switch back at the bottom. She was going nice and easy which is unusual for her , came around the switch back and just slowly rolled the bike on top of herself. Funny how slow it happened, but I'll tell ya what, When the bike came down she was under it and I heard some part of the bike crack her helmet. If she didn't have it on she wouldn't be here right now. And that was at like 1 mile an hour. Ya never know what can happen. The only thing I ever fell off of multiple times is that damn dirt bike in the garage ! Had it for one summer and already have busted my shoulder and leg, and freakin' lower back which is the one that really saucks. Gotta keep to the quads, but I'm not a quitter, so I'll get hurt again .....naver fails...

324960[/snapback]

Thank god shes okay...

THANK GOD your wife is ok!!

ive broken so many damn bones and have gone through 3 helmets..its scary how easy it is to get hurt. im glad shes ok..i cant imagine how thatd feel if it hadnt come out ok. good luck to you both :)

• 4 weeks later...

oo i always wear my helmate, im 16, and im not onna those stupid kids, its saved me more than once, the last time i was riding, the ball joint broke, and the a-arm hit the ground and acted as a catiput launching be forward and the whole quad ontop my head, couldnt see straight for awhile there, thank god for the brain bucket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...