AC ProPeg Nerfs WTF?

I've got a set of AC ProPeg Nerfs without the heel guards. I bought them from a guy on this site. The problem is....they mount different than some of the other AC ProPeg Nerfs I've seen. Did AC bring out two different designs for mounting? These bolt up to the front engine mounts just below the exhaust flange. They don't have the two "tabs" that stick up so you can bolt them to the frame. Also, they are seperated up front where they mount. Nothing holding them together. Is there suppose to be some kind of "angle stock" supporting both nerfs up front? They have aluminum "angle stock" welded to them up front but I didn't get any hardware with them except for the peg mounts. That's another thing, my peg mounts only have one hole. Not two holes. What gives???????? :shrugani:

They should have sent 2 bolts to replace the motor mount bolts. I bought AC nerfs as a package deal with my IMS pegs, and they would'nt fit...not even close. I sent them back, and they called and said there was nothing they could do, because the nerf fit perfectly in their jig and on their test banshee, so I asked for another set or my money back, and they tried to charge me $60 restock fee! I said F--k you, and had them send them back to me and I tossed them in the corner of my garage.

Then I bought Graydon Proline, which bolted right up with no problems at all.

I'll never buy AC again.

Those sound like the nerfs I got. I got them used on Ebay. They were a bitch to get on. Since they aren't connected at the front they are kinda flimsy. I'd say if you landed in the nets on a jump they'd probably bend or break. I'm pretty dissapointed with them.

Those sound like the nerfs I got.  I got them used on Ebay.  They were a bitch to get on.  Since they aren't connected at the front they are kinda flimsy.  I'd say if you landed in the nets on a jump they'd probably bend or break.  I'm pretty dissapointed with them.

323929[/snapback]

Flimsy is right! I can take my hand and move my nerfs up and down no problem. That's why I feel like there should be something connecting them up front.

I thought about getting a pipe just the right diameter and running it between the sides, but then I don't see a way to get to the mounting bolts.

324969[/snapback]

That's exactly why I'm thinking about running some angle steel stock there. I think it should match up with the aluminum angle stock that is already on the nerfs in that area. Just drill two holes in the steel angle to put the engine mount bolts back in. It has got to help.

Edited by twin-to-win

That's exactly why I'm thinking about running some angle steel stock there.  I think it should match up with the aluminum angle stock that is already on the nerfs in that area.  Just drill two holes in the steel angle to put the engine mount bolts back in.  It has got to help.

325051[/snapback]

Couldn't hurt. I wanna see once you do it.