suspension set-up

FlatTrackinIt55

im wanting to get some new aftermarket suspension but dont know what to do,. should i convert it to an a-arm banshee and go from there or can i do something like buy denton racing j-arms and some new shocks.

and also what kind of front and rear suspension do you short-track and TT guys suggest for flattrack?

thanks,

Blake

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to change the subject or anything, but is there a track right there around humble?

317707[/snapback]

no not really there used to be a track ( huffman motorsports park) about 10 minutes away but it stopped running quads only karts now..

They make a j-arm conversion kit so you can run a-arms. I use the quicksand a arms +2 +1 with some works dual rate shocks that are about 2 inches shorter than stock shocks with a swaybar. In the rear I have a lowering block so I can adjust the height of the rear. I have a stock adjustable swingarm its set at -2. Some people run a direct link shock set-up (proquad101) and they say you get more traction, also you don't have to worry about dragging the bannana on the ground.

Edited by John19

It will require a new rear shock. I bet he would sell you the whole bike ready to go!  :headbang:

318282[/snapback]

i think i read awhile back that proquad101 said you could use the stock rear shock with a stiffer spring

how much would a new afco rear flattrack shock be proquad?

Yeah I to would like to see the no link rear.  Tired of dragging the lower link.

318835[/snapback]

i know.. i pm'ed a couple of guys and they dont seem to want to talk to me about it..i dunno

maybe they keep it as a secret.. :shrugani:

if anyone knows what i need and how to do it please pm me or post on here info. about the lon link shock set-up