milling my stock head

Guest nightmare

Guest nightmare

My Banshee is stock right now. I just bought pro-circuit pipes but I don't have them on yet. I was thinking about milling my head, advancing my timing 4 degrees, and rejetting. But I don't know how much to take off the head or where to start with my jetting.

Guest nightmare

I am going to install pro circit pipes, and advance the timing. I think I have to rejet for that.I am new at doing mods. From what I have seen on this site, you guys have forgot more today than I have ever known. If anyone knows any other cheap mods that will work please let me know.

I am going to install pro circit pipes, and advance the timing. I think I have to rejet for that.I am new at doing mods. From what I have seen on this site, you guys have forgot more today than I have ever known. If anyone knows any other cheap mods that will work please let me know.

317331[/snapback]

looks like we're in the same boat. I've got pipes, reeds, filter, & jetswaiting to be installed, and plan to mill my head. Figured I'd do it all at once so I don't have to keep rejetting with each mod. I am getting a lightened flywheel, have heard it's an awsome mod and pretty cheap. There are a couple people on here that do it for under $100 and swear it's the shit. Should have everything done in the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out....

My Banshee is stock right now. I just bought pro-circuit pipes but I don't have them on yet. I was thinking about milling my head, advancing my timing 4 degrees, and rejetting. But I don't know how much to take off the head or where to start with my jetting.

317310[/snapback]

I have fmf fatty's, milled head, vito's 4 degree advance key. I bought my stock milled head already done from Cascade Innovations in Oregon $35.

jetting: 27.5 pilots, 320 mains, LRD needles 3 notch from flat end. 2.5 turns out on air/fuel screws. Of course that is for sea level sand riding.

Hope that helps.

317310[/snapback]

you what to get a good air filter also, the stock setup does not seal good and lets dirt into your motor.

With pro circuit pipes, air filter, timing, and reeds, your mains will be in the 280- 320 range. try the stock pilot first, you might need to go up to a 27.5

.030 is about max and still run premium gas.

ricky stator timing plate is $35 well worth it.

You can take off any amount up to .030" off. Any machine shop should be able to do it, however, I don't know what they would charge. I grind all my heads, which takes me quite a bit longer to do, but they come out perfect. No machining marks are evident, and a perfect gasket surface. It would likely cost a small fortune to have someone surface grind a head. But throwing it on a mill, and fly cutting it shouldn't cost you over $50. Look in the phone book for a local machine shop. :cheers: