What are my options now?

jasonsb

I had a previous post "do you think it needs a top end?" and now I know what the extent of the damage to my bike. The crank bearings went to shit and scattered all over the inside of the motor. Now I need to fix/replace the crank, pistons, and cool head domes. What are my options?

-can stock crank be fixed? trued and welded

-how can I make it long rod or stroker? Which is better for the money?

-Can I put long rods in a stock crank if the crank can be rebuilt?

-Piston choice? Wiseco or Vito's

-any other suggestions...I don't want to spend a shit load but I might as well do something now that my motors is out.

See below to know what my bike has! I want to keep my bike 50/50 duner/drag

finally a worth while post!

the stock crank cannot be fixed, trued wleded yes, but not rebuilt.

to make it a longrod you buy a long rod crank, to make it a stroker you buy a stroker crank. or you can buy a longrod stroker crank.

i answered Q 3 already.

wisecos no doubt.

porting to match your crank if you go stroker.

any more just post back.

Why do some people try to sell bad cranks on ebay saying that it only needs a rebuild?

I can get a fairly new crank for practically nothing. I can get it trued and welded. That's an option that won't cost a lot.

What kind of power difference will a stroker or long rod give me? I used to run about 65 horses with a stock unwelded crank( dumb I know!).

I've been seeing them on ebay between $350 - $450 (long rod kits/ strokers

Thanks for all the good responses. What I really need right now is to learn a little about long rod, stroker, and stocker cranks. What are advantages? What kind of horsepower differences? Reliability for duning? Can I still run stock carbs untill I save up and upgrade?