Milled Head?

.030" is about the most you can go and still be safe on the squish clearance, cost about $50 from boonman, and you can still run premium pump fuel. I think cylinder pressure comes out to around 150 psi (sealevel) about like a 21cc dome

You can mill a lot more if you have the domes recut, basically just cutting the squish a little deeper so you maintain enough squish clearance to give you at least .035" clearance from the dome to the top of the piston. If you mill enough of the bottom of the head and recut squish the dome will effectively become smaller so compression is high enough that you have to run race fuel. Trinity will do this for about $125.

Either way check your squish clearance to make sure it was done right when you reinstall your milled head.

Ryder21, it will cost you less than the $50 mentioned. You will see a nice boost across the board. Throttle response will pick up a bit. Low end response will be better. Normally, if your jetting is correct when you take the head off, it should be on when you put it back on. No changes are needed.

To answer the previous question, I have successfully milled a stock head, on my own personal bike .050". I ran a 50%/50% mix of C-12 and 94 octane pump. I NEVER had a problem. In 2 years of running the bike. And I am not "nice" to it all the time. :unsure: Just be careful. The squish is on the VERY LOW end of "acceptable". Actually, it's "not" acceptable. But, I've done it.