Passion 12 Port Stroker Review

BansheeGuy_IV

Holy Cow!

That sums it up. I've been doing banshee performance for 10 years. I've built many an engine, including some big bores.

Jim's 12 port stroker is the first time I've been a little scared. I've been doing some jetting runs, getting her dialed in. I'm close on the jetting now. I've got a little more tuning to go.

The power, when it comes on, is unreal. This is one mod that is for advanced riders ONLY. The low-mid range is acceptable. It's similar to my last 350 setup, even though it still needs to be dialed in. The mid-top however is ridiculous. It's SICK! It's Arm Wrenching.

I LOVE IT.

BG

Mods:

Passion 12 port stroker

Rocket pipes

V-Force Reeds

ModQuad Aluminum Intake

Lightened Flywheel

+5 timing advance

17cc domes

Mikuni 28mm TM flatslides

Toomey 2:1 filter, my clamp-ons will no longer clear the stingers

14/39 gears

20" RAZR's

and a whole lot of bling...

I would recommend staying away from the TM's. I have ran them because I also had a lot of jets and needles. I the tried the 34PJ's and loved them. With the keihins, you only need one needle and a couple jet sizes to get it right. The same jetting and needle works with 34PJ's or 35PWK's.

Your clamp-ons won't clear with the rockets? The rockets I tried had a lot more room than the CPI's in that area.

Put some more gear under that thing. It can take it. It will actually do better under a little more load. Try a 15 tooth, you'll like it.

Great to here that! Let see some pics of the finished product!

299897[/snapback]

try a 17 frt.it'll pull it.i whent from a 14 to 17,with rockets and simular mods and like it much better.the 17 shifted the power band up just a bit but still had alot of bottom end grunt

Edited by superchicken

Still Jetting!

I am getting really close on the tuning. I am at 400 mains, 5L1 Needles on the richest clip, #30 pilots. I may actually lean the needles up one notch and give it a run. I think these needles are the ticket though, it really came alive with them. I still may need to drop the main jet to 390's or 380's.

As it is now, it runs great. I'm just a stickler for fine tuning. My only beef right now, is getting a smooth idle. I set the idle where I want it... It sits for about 30 seconds and slowly rides up on me higher than I'd like. I turn it down... But then she'll stall subsequently stall. It's a little fickle. It's actually an issue I've had with the 28mm TM's since I've had them.

So I've got to work on it. I may need to even go a little bigger on the pilots. I'll go to 32.5 next.

But it's a work in progress. The power comes on early and strong. To be honest, I think it may be a little bit much for a trail bike. It doesn't understand the concept of slow any more. Hehe

I'll get finished pics up when it's all done being jetted. I'll rewash it, and then post 'em. Probably a few days before I get it where I want it.

BG

Great to here that! Let see some pics of the finished product!

299897[/snapback]

I'm running 14/39 gears right now for because it is mostly a trail bike. I'm trying to keep it tame. I am sure it would pull taller gearing, but I don't have any need for more top speed. I bet right now, it'll do mid 80's, but I haven't checked. My friends ride 4X4's. I don't think I have to worry about them getting me down a long straight. Hehe I rarely top 60mph on a ride. I'm mostly an acceleration junky. Get me from 0-60 in a heartbeat and I'm happy.

BG

try a 17 frt.it'll pull it.i whent from a 14 to 17,with rockets and simular mods and like it much better.the 17 shifted the power band up just a bit but still had alot of bottom end grunt

299901[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

Id gear it up. It will help tame it down on the trails. Too low gearing and it just revs out too fast and seems peaky and burns up the tires. A taller gear softens the power and lets it pull longer, and hookup better too. You just heave to use the cluch more, with is good becasue you can control the power even more. Im running 15/38 its great for woods, I can keep it in 1st and just work the clutch on most trails.

When you get the bigger carbs its going to have alot more low end too. I could believe the difference between 33PWKs and 28TMs