Biggers carbs= Bigger intake?

01bansheefox

Something to ponder here. The stock carb on the trx250r is a 34mm pj. They sell for under $50 on ebay all the time. Perhaps you could buy two and make them work for a twin cylinder application such as the banshee.

297986[/snapback]

I have had some friends get 250R carbs and you will have to buy new carb caps with the adjusters on top, and sometimes new 6.0 slides. After all the parts are installed they seem to work just as good, just make sure they are both off the same year 250R in case the internal circuitry was changed between models.

i have kehien 28mm pwk's on my ported bike along with the other things in my sig. i did not need new intakes or anything. the boot going from the airbox into the carb was a BITCH to get on. i like how they perform, but i cannot give individual gains because i did everything at once. i have had no problems with them and they were easy to tune. i bought them from a fellow member here for $175 shipped, i think i got a good deal. Jim from passion told me 33mm would have been alot better, so you might want to think about that.

i have kehien 28mm pwk's on my ported bike along with the other things in my sig. i did not need new intakes or anything. the boot going from the airbox into the carb was a BITCH to get on. i like how they perform, but i cannot give individual gains because i did everything at once. i have had no problems with them and they were easy to tune. i bought them from a fellow member here for $175 shipped, i think i got a good deal. Jim from passion told me 33mm would have been alot better, so you might want to think about that.

298511[/snapback]

The strokers need a lot more air than just ported cylinders and I only gained 2hp on top w/ 35's compared to stock 26's...so don't think your going to gain a lot...Carbs are a minimum gain mod and should be the last thing to do. Spend your money in other mods if you need some..